Chapter 29

Blake's POV

Today was Riley's birthday and i was actually getting super anxious about whether Riley would like her present. She had mentioned that she wanted a guitar so i was feeling pretty confident that she'd like it but a small, nagging part of me couldn't help but wonder, what if she didn't like it? Stop fussing, I told myself. She'll like it, you're just being paranoid.

As it was a school day we had to get up early and i decided i was going to be nice to Riley and make her something for breakfast. I even got up earlier than normal and luckily Riley wasn't up. I quickly made something then went up to wake her up and say happy birthday. I quickly went into my room and grabbed my guitar. Everything had to be perfect.

I quickly adjusted the capo and strummed. Riley stirred in her sleep.

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Riley, Happy Birthday to you," I sang. Riley rubbed her eyes and looked confused for a bit.

"Oh! It's my birthday!" she said laughing. "Thanks Blake!"

"Come on, let's go downstairs, I made breakfast for you," I said, excitedly.

"For the record," she said. "Best way to wake up."

I smiled. My heart fluttered a bit. "Well I'm glad. Today's gonna be great! I promise!"

"Well I feel like today is going to be one of the best birthday's I've ever had," said Riley with a huge grin on her face.

"Oh you might also want to speak to your family. Your phone was going crazy with messages," I said remembering the amount of times it was vibrating while on charge in the study.

"Good idea, do you mind if i call them now, it will be late for them so i can't call any later," she said.

"Go ahead, it's your family," I said with a laugh. Riley smiled and went to speak to them. She was super quick which surprised me though it could be she was hungry.

"You excited for the science test?" I asked Riley while we were eating breakfast.

"Don't talk to me about it," she said. "I think I'll be ok though. Not stressing too much. I'm too happy knowing that i am finally 16."

"Yeah nice," I said really wanting to say something about her present but stopped myself. "So what were you family saying?"

"Oh mum, dad and Xavier were saying that they miss me and that they have sent my presents a while ago with the card so it should get here soon. They also said for me to have fun and not think about them, which made me laugh," she said, her presents had actually already arrived yesterday but mum had put them away for Riley to open tonight when Jade, Reece and Lexi were here.

"Nice," I said with a big smile. "We probs should get ready to go to school. We have to sadly leave in 10 minutes."

"Agh that's annoying, oh well. At least i get to be with all my friends," she said when we were heading up to our rooms to quickly get ready. I met Riley in the hallway 5 minutes later and we went down stairs to get ready to leave for school.

At school some of us had organised something small for Riley so basically the small group of us. Alice had made a card for us all to sign while Kirstin made a cake for lunchtime and Matthew brought some sweets for us all. The look on Riley's face when she saw all of that was so cute as she was so shocked and overwhelmed. Alice being Alice also bought some books for Riley that were based in England for Riley to read.

"Oh my gosh, these books sound so interesting. This is so good as i just finished the book i was reading and needed a new one," Riley said reading the blurbs to the books. "Should i read The First Princess of Wales first or The Railway Children?"