Chapter 19

Jade's POV

When i woke up this morning i thought i could just lie there for however long i could until i heard a knock at the door.

"Come in," I said still tired. The door opened and i saw Reece on the other side with a uniform on.

"Morning sleepy head," he said with a smile. "Remember today is our first day of school."

"Just remembered. How long til we have to leave?" I asked hoping i had a while.

"Um," he said looking at his watch, "in about 30 minutes." Swearing to myself, obviously I didn't have that much time but still enough. Reece then left and went to do his hair in the bathroom while I got out my uniform, quickly put it on and made sure I looked neat and tidy. When i made sure everything was not crinkled I went into the bathroom to brush my hair as well. I pulled it into a ponytail making sure that it actually looked neat.

When I went downstairs to have breakfast, Reece was already there. As I came down, Reece gaped at me.

"What? Is something wrong with my hair or...?" I asked, beginning to feel self conscious.

Reece closed his mouth and shook his head. "Nope! No, nothing like that, it's just you look different."

"In a good way or a bad way?" I asked, laughing.

"Good, definitely good," he said, blushing. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him and proceeded to eat breakfast.

"It's nice to see you out of your usual loose clothes, you know, I mean, you look good in them too of course but the uniform shows off your shape which is quite nice, wait, i didn't mean, erm, I-," Reece rambled.

"Reece?" I cut across him.

"Yeah?"

"Stop talking, please," I said as a blush slowly coloured my cheeks since Jamie (Reece's dad) had just entered the room. I heard him chuckle to himself as he joined us for breakfast, reading the morning paper. Reece and I ate our breakfasts without saying much after that.

"Kids, you all ready to go to school?" yelled Lyndsey.

"Yes mum!" came a reply from the far end of the house as Reece and I nodded.

"Ok, let's go! We need to drop off Lexi first but your school is just around the corner. There is a bus route you can take but I'll drop you off for this first week," explained Lyndsey. "What do you do at home, Jade?"

"I walk or ride my bike," I said.

On the way to the car, it was pretty funny because Reece and Lexi were arguing over who would sit in the backseat with me. In the end, Lyndsey snapped at both of them and made me sit in the front which neither of us was happy with but it put an end to the siblings' fight. However, I went and sat in the back when Lexi had been dropped off.

St. Chris' was massive. It seemed to go on and on, hallway after hallway, stairway after stairway and classroom after classroom. We had to go to the principal's office where I received my timetable (which was identical to Reece's) and got our locker numbers. I was locker 22 and Reece was locker 7. Then I got a brief introduction to the school and then Reece and I left to go to our first class of the day; music with Mrs Layton.

"I don't know about you, but I'm feelin twenty - two!" I sang (after we'd left the principal's office, of course).

Reece laughed, "Please stop!"

"Well you gotta get used to it as i have to live with you for a year," I said as soon as i hear/see something semi related to either Taylor Swift or 5 Seconds of Summer i start singing that song.