Chapter 10

Riley's POV

My first couple of days at Blake's house was so good, I didn't miss my family as much as I thought i would have as they are so nice to me. Blake showed me around Macclesfield most of the days and we just relaxed and didn't do much else. I'd spoken to my actual family a few times in the 4 days I have been in England. They missed me but they didn't make me feel homesick at all which was good.

After a while just thinking in my room i went down to the kitchen where Blake and his mum were already up and Abbie had left for work.

"Morning. You're up early today Blake. It's only 9," I said laughing to Blake. Every morning so far I've gotten up before him.

"Haha yeah, the only time I get up early ish are when i have school or the markets are on," he said. The mention of market's reminded me about how the markets are always on, on the first Saturday of the month. Today's the 18th so obviously they have their markets on the third Saturday. This made me even more at home.

"Would you two be interested in coming with us?" asked Blake's mum.

"You don't have to," said Blake hastily. "It can get a bit boring."

From the tone of his voice, I could tell that he really wanted to go. "Yeah, of course I want to go," I said. "I always go with my mum at home."

Blake smiled. "We're leaving in a bit."

"Ok, I'll fix up my hair and stuff," I said. I quickly got ready, tied my hair back in a neat high pony, got my handbag with my phone and wallet. I was back down stairs pretty quickly which is seriously a record for me, at home i take ages, it isn't even funny. Then i hurried back to the kitchen.

"We'll be having breakfast at the markets," said Soulla. "There is a huge variety of food there as well as heaps of cute little stalls so you might want to see if there is anything you want to buy."

"Oh, yeah I forgot to buy something for Jade in Australia for her birthday which is soon," I said remembering it was her birthday soon that I almost forgot about when coming to England.

"Seriously, we should organise something for her birthday. Remind me to call Reece when we get back," Blake said super quickly that i almost didn't catch what he said.

"Are you two ready? If you are we can head to the markets now. I'll drive just incase it starts raining. You never know in England," said Soulla.

"Yeah we are ready," Blake said. "Riley and I'll sit in the back. I don't like sitting in the front when someone is in the back cause then you have to turn around in your seat."

The drive to the markets wasn't too long. It was easily within walking distance but as Soulla said, 'You never know in England!'. As it was, it was already looking cloudy. The markets were super cute with stalls like where i live with them going up either side of the street. To begin with we didn't look at the stalls and went straight to find food. We settled for crepes and bagels which were so good and nothing like anything I would have eaten in Australia.

"These are so good. Why can't they sell these in Australia?" I asked as now I wished lived in England.

"Thanks, though i bet they sell lots of great food in Australia. I don't think we could make pavalova or however you say it well here though people have tried," said Blake.

"Haha yeah, and it's pavlova not with two a's," I said cause i actually love pavlova.

"I see the two of you have finished, why don't i go pay the bill then we can go for a walk and see what they have in the stalls," said Blake's mum.