Chapter 60

Jade's POV

After waking up really early to empty the contents of my stomach into the toilet bowl (again), I'd kind of semi-decided that i was going to tell Reece's mum. I REALLY didn't want to but what other choice did I have? I didn't. I didn't have any other choices. I was so caught up in my thoughts that briefly forgot Lexi.

"Jade?" she asked timidly.

"Yes, sorry, just thinking, what do you want to play?" I said.

She ignored my question.

"Have you been crying?" she asked.

Seeing no point in lying to her, I nodded.

"About what?" she asked.

"Just stressed, that's all," I said. "Come on, let's play!"

"Are you sure that's all?" asked Lexi. I felt her eyes reading my not 'lies' exactly but my shortened version of the truth. For a split second, I considered telling her because she was wise beyond her years at times like these but at the same time i didn't want to burden her with it. And besides, i doubted that she'd had "the talk" yet.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure," I said.

"Are you suuuuuure?" she asked grinning.

"Yes I'm suuuuure," I said, returning the grin.

"Has Reece done something to you?" she asked.

Umm, yes, but I mean, it was partly my fault but i won't say that because it will lead to further questions! "No," I said out loud.

"Ok, just making sure he's treating you like a lady," she said.

I chuckled. "Do you want me to deal the cards?"

Once again, she ignored my question. "I've seen you two."

"Lexi! You told me to come down to play with you but all you're doing is talking!" I exclaimed.

She continued on. "You hold hands under the table, he always has his arm around you when we watch movies and I saw you kissing once," she said with a cheeky grin.

I just stared at her, eyes wide open. Were we really that obvious? I didn't know what to say.

"I don't mind if you two get married some day because i really like you," said Lexi seriously.

I opened my mouth about to say something when Reece came in.

"Jade! Why does it look like you've seen a ghost?" he chuckled, coming in the lounge room and putting his arm around me. Lexi knowingly raised her eyebrows at me which caused me to shake off Reece's arm. He looked at me curiously.

"See?" said Lexi with a devilish grin.

"See what?" asked Reece.

"Nothing," said Lexi annoyingly.

"Lexi! Tell me!"

"Lexi! Tell me!" she mocked.

"Jade!" he nagged.

"She's seen us," I said quietly.

"WHat? But that's not possible, she was in Wales!" exclaimed Reece.

I blushed. "No, no, no, she's seen us kissing and holding hands and small things like that," I said blushing.

"Lexi!" Reece groaned. "Why can't you mind your own business?"

"It's pretty obvious," she said sassily.

"Is not!" insisted Reece.

"Is so! You two think you're both so clever, hiding away behind closed doors, blah, blah, blah, but really you're not, even I can see it! Anyhow, I've given Jade permission to marry you so it's ok," said Lexi.