Chapter 66

Jade's POV

I woke up nice and early the next day. Figuring that Reece would still be asleep, I knocked on his door and waited for a response.

"Yes?" came the croaky reply.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Since you asked so nicely I guess so," came the sarcastic reply.

I grinned to myself and opened the door, to find Reece still in bed. He smiled a little when he saw me.

"What brings you here?" he asked.

"I was going to ask if you were ready for London or not?" I said.

"Eh, just about," he said. "Why, what's the time?"

"Erm, about five thirty I think," I said sheepishly.

"Five thirty?!" exclaimed Reece. "Why could you get up so early!?"

"That's just when I wake up, I can't help it!"

"Well we don't need to leave for another three hours, would you like to join me?" he said, making room in his bed.

"How could I resist?" I laughed and climbed in next to him making myself comfortable on his chest. He pulled me close and kissed my forehead.

"We've been through a lot, you know, considering we're only sixteen," he said.

"Let's not think about that right now," I begged. "I just want now to be you and me; a normal, functional couple without the weight of the world."

He chuckled a little. "Ok then."

~

A few hours later, me, Reece, Blake, Riley and George were all in huge shopping centre in London.

"I'm pretty sure the women's section is up stairs," said George.

"Ok, thank you!" said Riley enthusiastically, grabbing me by the hand and dragging me away. I glanced back at Reece who mouthed 'good luck'. I smiled at him appreciatively.

"This store looks good," said Riley, dragging me in, without waiting to hear my opinion.

"If you say so," I grumbled.

"Oh don't be like that!" she pleaded.

I softened a little and begrudgingly smiled at her enthusiasm.

I looked around the store and sighed. There were hundreds of dresses at least. This was going to take forever.

After I had done a lap around all the aisles of dresses i had not seen any that i would like to wear. When i caught up to Riley i saw that she had at least 3 dresses hanging off her arms.

"I can't pick between these 5 dresses, i love them all," she said to me when she saw me.

"How have you already found that many? I haven't even seen one that i like," I said to Riley.

"Well, i love dressing up and plus, the prices are super cheap so why not go extravagant. Actually, i saw a dress in the store over there that you might quite like," Riley said to me.

"Bring it here, i'll try it on," I obliged. Seeming surprised at my willingness to cooperate, Riley nodded once and went to find the dress.

"Stay here!" she said. "It's a couple of stores away, give me a second!"

"Yeah, sure."

While I was waiting for Riley, I dawdled to the balcony of the floor which i was on which offered me a view of some of the lower levels. I spotted George and Reece looking around with a couple of items in their hands, presumably heading to the change room. I found it odd that Blake wasn't with them, then again, he was probably taking too long so George and Reece had probably left him behind. I turned away from the balcony but something caught my eye. Blake's vibrant shirt. I turned my head around so fast I think i got whiplash.