Chapter 18

Riley's POV

"Blake! Riley! Wake up, it's time to get ready for school!" yelled Soulla.

I inhaled then exhaled quite deeply and sighed. And then it clicked. I leaped out of bed with excitement; i would be starting school in a new country, with a new system at a new school while wearing a new uniform. I excitedly put on my uniform and went downstairs to have breakfast. When I got downstairs, however, I noticed Blake didn't share my excitement. He slowly ate his breakfast, still looking half asleep.

"Come on, Blake! Aren't you excited?" I asked teasingly.

"Don't feel like it, I want it to still be the holidays," he said.

"Aww, come on, don't be like that!" I laughed. Blake yawned and sighed.

"Blake, if you start the year with a good attitude then you'll do better so brighten up!" said Soulla. "You're not even dressed yet!"

Blake slowly got up and went up to his room to get dressed. He came down ten minutes later looking fresher.

"You guys need to be ready in fifteen minutes, you got that?" said Soulla.

We were ready in ten.

"I suppose we could you early so you can meet everyone," said Blake.

"That's a wonderful idea! You two got everything?" asked Soulla.

"Yep! I think so. How about you, Blake?" I asked.

"Yeah, all ready," he said, hoisting his bag up to his shoulder.

"Alright, let's go!" she exclaimed.

The car drive was pretty short which was good and nice for a change since I had to take the bus to school back at home which took an hour to an hour and a half.

When we got to school, Blake was immediately greeted by like 70 people. Well, it wasn't that many but it was quite a few. For someone who wasn't looking forward to going back to school, he sure had lots of mates.

"Well aren't you Mr Popular," i said in an undertone to him. He smiled at me.

"Oh, everyone, this is Riley, by the way, she's my exchange partner," he said, introducing me to everyone, telling me all their names which I'd already forgotten. Although there was a nice girl called Alice. I only remembered her because she noticed how tall i was and asked if I played netball and I told her yes.

After Blake had said hello to all the mates that came up he took me to the office to sign me in so that they knew I had actually turned up for school.

"Hello Mrs Baker. This is my exchange partner Riley that i told you about last year," Blake said to the lady in the office.

"Oh that us so wonderful. Well here are some details that you will need. I also already have your timetable and diary so that Blake here can show you where your first class is." She said handing me a diary and some extra sheets of paper. "Well you should be off. Oh wait, here is your lock for your locker and the number and code are attached." Again handing me more articles to carry around. This reminded me of starting at my present school in Australia as i walked out of the office with a bag full of sheets and locks and maps and everything else you could need to start at a new school.

By the time we got out of the study I looked at Blake and said, "Do i seriously need this many things just for school? This school doesn't look to hard to look around."

"Well let's say we meet up at your locker at lunch time and I'll see whether you have a different idea of this school," he said with a smile. "Could i see what number your locker is so i can quickly show you where it is?"