Chapter 49

Riley's POV

It took a while for what Reece had said to sink in. It can't be true, it can't. I kept telling myself. Before i knew what was happening, I had tears rolling down my face.

"No, that can't be true. You're lying," I said, hardly able to control myself. I felt Blake wrap his arm around me and wipe some of the tears off my face.

"I'm so sorry Riley but I'm not. Alec spiked her water with some poison," I heard Reece say.

"What did the doctors say?" Blake asked.

"They think she will pull through, but they aren't one hundred percent certain," Reece said quietly. "Do you think you could come to the hospital tomorrow?"

"Definitely, we will leave as soon as possible. What time is the visiting hours?" Blake asked.

"I think they start at 9 in the morning," he said.

"Reece, is there anything we can do. Anything we can bring?" I asked.

"Just bring yourselves," Reece said with a small laugh.

"Everything is going to be alright," Blake said towards me and Reece. "How about we all get some sleep? Jade won't be happy if the three of us miss out on sleep because of her."

"Good idea. I'll see you two tomorrow. I'll phone as soon as i find something else out," Reece said.

"Bye, see you later," Blake said, he hung up then looked at me. I could feel tears going over my cheek which he saw and wiped them away.

"I guess we should get some sleep now?" suggested Blake half heartedly.

"How can I sleep knowing that Jade's in hospital and if something awful happens to her, our last memories together would be of us fighting and hating each other!" I cried.

"Hey, hey! Nothing bad will happen to her, I swear," he said softly.

"What if I'm the reason she actually wanted to go to the party? So she could seem like a rebel and get back at me," i muttered.

"That isn't true. Don't believe that," Blake said pulling me into a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder and tried to not think about Jade. I didn't want to go to sleep but I didn't want to stay awake. I knew if i fell asleep i would have a nightmare about something happening to Jade but it would also mean the time would come quicker till when i got to see her.

Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep and was being waken up by Blake in the morning.

"Good morning sleepy head," Blake said when I woke up. Obviously he had left me to sleep in his room that night and hadn't decided to move me. I smiled at the thought.

"I told mum what's happened. She's going to drive us as soon as you've eaten breakfast."

"Ok," I said. I'd stopped smiling. I remembered what happened.

"We have a busy day today since tomorrow we're going to Australia so we need to finish packing," he said.

"Yeah, I really hope Jade is okay," I said only really thinking about Jade.

"She will be. It's going to be fine. Now you need to get dressed if you want to get to see Jade quicker," Blake said.

"Okay, I'll be 5 minutes. Could you get me something for breakfast so we are ready quicker?" I asked getting off Blake's bed and going to the door.

"Yeah, sure, is toast okay?" he asked.

"Yes thank you," I said then walked to my room. I quickly put on some blue jeans, a stripy blue and white shirt, then grabbed my coat and bag. Then I headed down stairs to get breakfast which Blake had made for me. I quickly ate the toast then we all headed for the car.