Chapter 45

Riley's POV

When Jade didn't have anything to say after what i had almost yelled at her it just made me almost boil with anger. I turned away incase the turned back around and saw me like this. I became so overwhelmed with what had just happened that tears sprang up in even before i could wipe them away. I started walking, I didn't know where I was going all i knew was that i was walking in the direction of the park and somewhere far away from Jade. I earned many strange glances but I didn't care. I would trade all the strange looks thrown at me in the world to get Jade back. I hated to admit it but I missed her. But at the same time I was so mad at her for everything. For taking that stupid photo, for arguing with me and for not trusting me to be able to confide in me about her abusive boyfriend.

After a while I looked up to see where i was, I didn't have a single idea and decided it would be best if i went and sat down on a bench so i could think. I still couldn't believe that Jade hadn't told me about what her ex had done to her. Even after he broke up with her, she didn't mention a word. It saddened me that she'd deluded herself into loving him when he clearly never loved her back

It took many deep breaths to calm myself down and eventually I did. Out of habit I reached into my pocket and found my headphones and untangled them then plugged them into my phone. I pressed the home button and it was only then that I noticed I had 16 missed calls; 8 from Blake, 4 from Reece, 3 from George and 1 from Jade (I suspect it was because someone made her and she didn't want to make herself look bad). My phone started ringing again. It was George. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said timidly.

"Guys, she picked up!" I heard George yell.

"Thank god. Gimme that!" said Blake.

"Riley?" he asked.

"Yeah?"

"Where are you? Are you ok?" asked Blake, his voice full of concern.

"I don't know where I am, and I'm okay now," I said trying to not sound upset.

"Okay, I'm coming to find you. I'm going to phone you on my phone so i can give George his phone back," Blake said hurriedly.

"Okay," I said and hung up. As Blake had said he phoned me straight back on his phone.

"Do you have any idea where you are?" he asked.

"I don't think so. Still in the palace gardens i think," I said.

"Ok, in which direction did you go, do you think? There are three different gardens," Blake said.

"Um, i think i walked towards where we came from kinda. I'm not to sure, i wasn't paying attention," I said, slightly wishing i had paid a little bit more attention to my surroundings before i got myself lost.

"Ok, by any chance can you find something like a road or a map to say where you are. If not get maps up on your phone. Wait the second idea is much better, do that," Blake said with a small laugh.

"Right, i forgot about that," I said bringing up google maps on my phone. Sure enough it said where i was. "I'm apparently, says my phone in Saint James's Park near the Mall street and Horse Guard Road. Near that corner of the park."

With this i heard Blake sigh and groan at the same time. "Well at least we know where you are now. Except that's like a 10 minute walk from where the palace is."

"Oops," I laughed.

I stayed put until they came and found me.

"Don't you ever go running off like that!" said Blake, enveloping me in a bear hug.