Chapter 54

Blake's POV

I woke up to my phone buzzing beside me. Xavier stirred in his sleep but didn't wake up. I groaned and checked who was calling. Reece. Does he have no concept of time difference?! I trudged out of the room, still rubbing my eyes before i answered to call.

"Mate, seriously, do you have no concept of time difference?" I grumbled.

"Eh, whatever, sorry," said Reece, not sounding sorry at all.

"Well what do you want?"

"Just checking up on how you are," he said.

"I was good, until you woke me up!" I snapped, not in the mood to talk.

"How was New Year's?" he asked.

"That was two days ago, um, but yeah it was good," I said, confused as to why he'd be calling me about something that happened a couple of days ago.

"Well it was yesterday for us. Did you do the tradition?" he asked. I could feel him smirking from the other side of the line.

"What? Oh, nah, everyone was watching. Why did you?" I asked.

"Yep!" he said excitedly.

"Wait what?!" I exclaimed. "And no one interrupted you?"

"Surprisingly not, no. Although it was cut short since I pushed Jade against the door-," he said.

I smirked. "Kinky."

"Oi, shush! But the door wasn't latched so we fell straight through it," he said, laughing at the end.

I laughed. "Good one, Reece."

"Tell me about it," he said.

"So are you two like, a thing now?" I asked.

"No, not yet, I don't know how to ask," he said.

"Woahhh, hold up, are you asking me for advice?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah, don't let it get to your head," he said.

"Umm, well, maybe try make the day special so that you both remember it," I said not sure whether it was good advice or not.

"Yeah! Thanks Blake, I think I have an idea," he said.

"Who are you talking to?" I heard Jade ask.

"Blake," said Reece.

"HIIIIIIIIII BLAAAAAAAAAKE!" yelled Jade.

"Not in my ear!" said Reece crossly.

"Hey Jade!" I laughed. "Congrats on you and Reece!"

"Naww thanks," said Jade. "You've got to tell each other everything, don't you?" she added sarcastically.

"Well does Riley know?" Reece asked.

"Obviously, she knew as soon as I woke up," she said.

"Hypocrite," he laughed.

"Wait, Riley knew and didn't tell me?" I asked.

"Ya," said Jade sounding pleased with herself. "Is Riley up yet?"

"Umm, I don't think so. Do you want me to go see if she is?" I asked wondering whether she was up or not.

"Haha, yes please," I heard Jade say.

"Okay, be right back," I said not ending the call but turning my phone off and placing it on the table next to where I was. I quietly walked to Riley's bedroom trying not to make a sound while walking. When I was at Riley's bedroom, I quietly opened the door so not to wake her and Abbie up if they were both sleeping. Once i had opened the door halfway i was able to look into the room. I saw Abbie sleeping on her bed on the floor, while Riley was asleep on her bed. I smiled to myself and quietly snuck out of the room.