23. Wasted Time Alone

Hello, guys!

Happy Easter to everyone! I hope you had some wonderful time, I know I had!

This chapter is dedicated to @ShineyShiney6 for the amazing book cover she made me, without even asking her. I just love it!

 The words she used to describe my book were so touching I almost cried! Go check her books! She's amazing!

Also, guys! If you feel so kind, I would appreciate a vote and some feedback. As I've said before, there's no need to shy away! Everyone is welcome to leave their opinion which I always take into consideration to make myself and my writing better.

Well... that's all! Now here comes the 23rd chapter;

She couldn't decide what was worse what she learned or what she didn't learn? Was the previous day more appalling than today? If only she could reverse time... she would never go into the trouble she did. Part of her knew she acted on the right thing but even a courteous act can attract the consequences of another's wrongdoing.

Florence kept walking along the path, staring at the trees around her. It was already midday and Jason must have long woken up. She came around so early thing morning. She made lunch and left a note saying she had to do something and won't be back till later at night. It was 7:20 when she when she left. She didn't want to see his face, she dreaded the moment she would have to return and front on to his scrutiny and all the heinous thoughts his eyes alone would tell.

After she drove around for a while, she came across an internet café and as soon as she found a computer she began digging as much as she could find. Of course, she couldn't chance on much information because, just like Molly said, all the public knew was his name and history before him. He was doing a good job at staying anonymous so far.

As far as the public knows, Jason Noveli is a twenty- three-year-old guy who owns a couple of hotels all around America but since he is so young his custodian is the one who operates the business and has everything under his name. Nobody knows who he is but if she had to guess she'd say it's that Marcus whom his rival killed.

Jason's family died when he was four in a car crash but the police wouldn't give much information which was queer. His mother, Tania, was 42 and his father, Alexander, was 49 at the time of the crash. Back then he also had a brother at the age of 17 who was killed during a drug- cartel- gone- wrong by the policemen. Now she understood why it was so hard on him. He lost his family in such a short notice and at such a young age. It must have been traumatic, no matter who you are.

His family was actually a dramatic story. His father originated from Italy. Alexander Noveli built his empire while stepping on broken bones. The blood he spilled and the lives he ruined to get to the top of the food chain was a number so high that it could never be estimated. He was operating a drug cartel that reached the entire continent. He was building and selling huge quantities of firearms and, the worse part, he was indeed running a sex trafficking ring from all around the world. He had ties with the Yakuza from china, the Russian and the Italian mafia.