I've seen it all before.. the bruises on my bones

I am standing at the JFK arrivals terminal.

It's 1AM. I came straight from the office where I have spent the whole day glued to the desk doing research for a piece. I am so tired and used up. Thank God it's Friday and I can relax a little. Or we'll see how much relaxing there will be with her here. But, that's fine as long as she is here. I haven't seen her in over a year and I am so looking forward to spending a couple days together.

Nooraaaa – I hear my name being called in the hugely echoed arrivals hall.

When I turn around there she stands.. my friend with the most beautiful smile that can light up any room in the world, with the sweetest voice and the most positive take on life I have ever met. Everyone needs a Vilde in their lives.

We are complete opposites. I mean for real we couldn't be further away from each other. But, there is something about her that pulls me to her. And has kept pulling me to her all these years. We became especially close in collage and when I left William she was my rock. Chris and Sana had left abroad to study. Eva was living with Chris. So Vilde and I held each others hands and had each others backs through thick and thin.

My sweet friend Vilde is now in the city for four days because her wedding dress fell through

My sweet friend Vilde is now in the city for four days because her wedding dress fell through. She has found a new one here in Nyc and has come to see it, fit it and hopefully take it home to Oslo with her in time for her wedding in May.

I was ordered to go and look at it a two weeks ago and it was pretty. Perfect for Vilde I thought, not that I understand much about wedding dresses, but I do know Vilde. 😊

On Saturday after we had been and tried on the wedding dress, we went to do a little more shopping. It has been a while since Vilde has been in Nyc and apparently she missed the shopping scene.

That evening we were both so tired so we ordered in and opened a bottle of wine.

V: I come to think of it. I haven't seen you since you broke up with Harald. What happened there? You dated for a long time. 

N: Two years

V: Oh I thought it was longer

N: No

V: So what happened?

N: We were just at different places in life.. he wanted to get married, have kids. I am just not there jet. And I sure wasn't there two years ago. 

V: So are you dating anyone now?

N: A little bit.

V: What does that mean? - smiled

I smiled

N: I am dating this guy Matt a little bit.

V: Elaborate, please.

N: - laughed – Well.. we are dating or we see each other from time to time, go to concerts, have dinners, attend parties.. we have the same group of friends so we see each other on poker nights or play basketball in the park on Sundays and stuff like that.