Bitter Pill

Skavlan: I want to thank all my guests tonight... Anine Bing, Petter Stordalen, William Magnusson and Susan Cain. Now ladies and gentleman music by Gavin James.

CAMERA. STAGE.

Gavin James: So I have this friend, who is actually working here in the house. And she so kindly asked to perform with me tonight... Noora? - he called on me

I walked onto the stage. A nervous wreck. But, Charlotte once said, grand love stories deserve grand gestures and this was mine. I am giving it my all, going all in. I caught Williams shocked eyes on me. Puh. Here goes nothing. 

Gavin James: So this is "Bitter Pill"

William was in a shocking state. Noora singing? On national television? He was hoping all evening he would see her or run into her here in the house. Even though he remembers she told him before she usually isn't here at the taping. She is only in the background doing the research. He wondered if she researched him and prepared the questions about him for Fredrik. But now she is up on the stage and singing. This is better than most of his dreams.

As the words sung by her (and Gavin :) ) slowly dawn on him. He starts to suspect they are meant for him. Or he hopes they are.

-----

They came down to the room. And I could see it written all over you. Since you already know. That I said "sorry, but I gotta go"

And I'll rip these walls apart. And I went and shot an arrow right through your heart. But how those times have changed. Cause now you don't remember my name.

I'm sorry that I am here so late. And please don't turn my heart away. For your love, I can change, cause without you, I'm so hollow. I'm sorry that I let you go. It's only when its lost you know. Seeing you, missing you, such a bitter pill to swallow

I guess I played my cards too late. Cause now my body can't take the weight. And once we flew so high. But now I am afraid to fly

I'm sorry that I'm here so late. And please don't turn my heart away. For your love I can change cause without you, I'm so hollow. I'm sorry that I let you go. It's only when its lost you know. Seeing you, missing you, such a bitter pill to swallow.

 Seeing you, missing you, such a bitter pill to swallow

-----

N: Did you like my song?

I turn around at the sound of the familiar soft voice. There she was. Love. My heart skipped the usual beat when seeing her. She started moving closer to where I was standing in the 1st-floor lobby. I give her a careful smile and after a pause respond honestly.