Chapter 13

Camila POV

   Bryce was waiting for me at the place I had met Lauren when he called me a bimbo. I stayed a few paces away from the location we were supposed to be meeting at. Why? Because I felt pretty awkward about everything. It has been more than a week after breaking up with him and I told I never liked him but here I was, trying to get in his good books again. What is wrong with me. 

   I took some few steps towards him but stopped. Yes we did break up but he doesn't seem angry at me. I was surprised her arrived here before me. Probably looking forward to see me. I mean, he did answer back straight away even though it was me who was talking to him. Maybe he was over it. Maybe he doesn't hold grudges.

  I sighed and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and grinned. 

"Hi." he said. Just for a second I thought he was going to hug me so I leaned back a bit but then he just held out his hand. 'I won't bite.' he joked. I gave an awkward smile and shook his hand. 

"Um... hi." I greeted awkwardly. He stopped grinning and sighed. 

"You can go home if you want."

"What?"

"If you have second thoughts just say it." I didn't look at him in the eye but stared at the ground. 'You always do that.'

"Do what?"

"Look at the ground. You can't even bear to look at me." He was right. I never looked at him in the eyes. I slowly looked at him in the eye but then felt a bit awkward so I looked inbetween his eyebrows instead. 

"I'm looking at you now."

"Before you weren't."

"I am now." He then started grinning again. 

"After a million years." I half scowled and half grinned. 'Should we start over?' 

"Yeah." I nodded. 

"Hello." he held out his hand and I shook his hand. 

"Hi."

"How are you?"

"Fine. You?" 

"I'm good too." 

   I felt much more comfortable talking to him now. It was like everytime he grinned, all the shame and embarrassment released from me and I was able to communicate with him better. We walked around the mall for a while and just looked around. I mostly said one word but gradually started saying more than just a word and we got into a proper conversation. I was able to tell him a lot about myself; it was like talking to one of the girls', only that he was a dude. 

   We kept a fair distance away from each other but we got a bit closer to each other. Next thing you know, I was linking arms with him. I don't think he minded at all. 

   We stopped walking around and sat on the bench for a while. He didn't say anything so I didn't open my mouth. After a few seconds of silence, he said:

"What was the real reason why you didn't want me to go to the party?" he asked. I sighed and looked around for a bit before shrugging. 'Can you just tell me.'

"Um... I just didn't want you to... partying doesn't help." I answered. 

"But when you... you know... I thought that's what you wanted me to do."

"I say a lot of things." he grinned. I got closer to him as I saw him extending his arm around me. 'Thanks for coming.'

"You're welcome." his grin widened. I smiled along with him.