Chapter 21

Camila POV

   I didn't expect Lauren to turn up this early but she did anyway. I walked towards a set of trees with a girl standing in the shade created by the trees' leaves. I tapped her and she turned to face me, scowl on her face at first which turned into a grin. 

"Hi." she said, holding out her hand. I took many glances at her hand before shaking it. She never shook my hand before, I thought as I shook it awkwardly and then retreating my hand back to my pocket. 'Cold day?' she asked, eyeing my jumper. I nodded. 

"It's not as warm as yesterday." I answered. She nodded in agreement before saying nothing more. 

   We stood there in silence. I didn't like the silence but I was not prepared to even break the silence. It's been a while since we've hung out and all but it felt as if we've met for the first time. She hates Bryce, I hate Jake but to make this friendship work, we have to put those two drawbacks behind us and try to move on. 

   Friendship??

   "Well?" Lauren managed to break the silence for me. 

"Um.." I started off but trailed off. 

"You brought me here because?" she asked. 

"To... see you." I don't know whether I was asking myself this question or not. It was true, I did want to see her. 

"Right." she nodded. 'You sure that's it?' I nodded this time. 'So it wasn't Dr. Love?' 

"Who?"

"Ally." I bit my lip and remembered why I even managed to pick up the phone to call Lauren in the first place. Do you want a friendship or not? 

   Friendship??

   I closed my eyes really right before opening my mouth to speak. 

"Kinder."

"Knew it. Why does she want you to talk to me?"

"To sort things out." she rolled her eyes. 

"I thought we did already."

"I thought we did too but there's a lot that's been kept secret." she squinted before answering. 

"Secret?"

"I know you don't like B... him and I know you don't want me to speak about him. That's why we didn't speak a lot last time." I managed to say. She didn't say anything and stared at the ground. 

"How about Jake? You don't like him either and he's done nothing to you!" she blurted out. 

"Bryce has done nothing too but you hate him as if he's... as if he's hurt you or something!" I shouted back. 

"Well I don't know why you're having a go at me! I have nothing wrong with Bryce anyway. You haven't been talking to me anyways so I gave you space and waited until you would." I sighed. 'You left me for him.' she added. LEFT YOU? You left me!

"I didn't leave you! You went to hang out with Jake anyways-"

"Because he's actually the only person that understands me and that I know won't forget everything I've done for them just because they've got themselves an asshole on the side!" she screamed. 

Lauren POV

   I really didn't mean to shout at her like that. But it was just the way she had mentioned dickhead that made all the fury and anger I had towards him just come out.