Chapter 29

Camila POV

   10 minutes passed... and where was she? I know she said she'll be here in half an hour but I couldn't wait any longer! I needed her to be with me... right now. I wanted my Lauren and I'd finally got the chance to be with her. I did exactly what everyone told me to do: ditch him and reach Lauren. Even though I didn't get the truth out of him like Ally suggested, at least I had made one good decision to reach out to Lauren, and now she was on good terms with me which was less than I needed right now but having her speaking with me is the best thing I can have. Even though I'm wishing for more. 

Lauren POV

   It took me more than 10 minutes to reach the road which either led to Brittany's house or to Camz's house. Running across the street, not caring if there was a car in sight. Still sprinting on the pavement, I turned to the left then to the right to see... her house. I haven't in that house in weeks... felt like years though. Phone in my pocket, I call Camila. 

"You there already?" she asked. 

"Yep. I'm in front of your house." I answered. She stayed silent but I knew she was still there by the sound of her breathing. 

"Uh... go round back. To my window." she said before hanging up. 

   Following her order, I tiptoed to the back of the house. Opening the gate slowly, I walk across the grass as silent as a mouse to see her looking down at me from her window. She was there, I could see her... but I couldn't hold her. But as long as I could see her smiling, I was fine with that. She was the same Camz, it was her alright, not anybody else. Her. My Camz. 

"Hi!" she whispered, waving cheekily. 

"Hey!" I whispered back. 

"It's nice to see you." she said. 'Are you coming up or should I come down?'

"WHAT?!" I shot back in a whisper. 

"Fine, I'll come down then." she said, starting to lifting her leg to the window. 

"No! I'll come up, you'll get in trouble." 

"Who care's! You'll get in more trouble if my parents' catch you here at this time of night." 

"I'm in enough trouble already. It's fine, I'm coming up." she rolled her eyes. 

"How?" she asked. I looked around. There was no way I could get to her window... or was there? 

"See the plant pot." I said, pointing at the plant pot settled near a long pipe. 'I'll turn it over then climb that pipe over there.' I pointed at the pipe. 

"Don't hurt yourself!" she warned. 

"I won't, don't worry. If I do, at least I'll know you'll be there." I winked at her which made her turn away.

"Be careful!" she said, looking down at me. 

   Turning over the plant pot, I stood on the flat side and extended my leg to be able to at least put a toe on the nails that kept the pipe steady. I could feel Camila gazing at me. Avoiding looking up at her, I held on to the nails and tried my best to climb the pipe. 

   It wasn't that hard but it was tiring. Knowing Camz was still looking at me, I took a few more steps to reach her window. 

"Gosh you're a climber!" she said, staring at me. 

"Rope climbing paid off then." I said. 

"I would've never been able to do that."

"I'll teach you."