Chapter 26: The Video

Lauren POV

   I hardly left my room today. I didn't want to see anyone, certainly Mum and Dad. Mum tried to come into my room to speak to me but I just gave her the cold shouler and hid under my duvet. 

   I wonder how people do it to survive a day without a phone. Please give me your secret, if you must. I CAN'T FUCKING HANDLE IT!

   "Lauren," I heard my mum come into my room with something in her hands. Again, I hid under my duvet and didn't speak to her. 'please don't be angry at me.' I scoffed. 'I know you're furious you can't see your little friend-'

"And?" I said, clearing my throat. 

"And you can't use your laptop and your phone at the moment but please don't be angry at us. It's for the best, you know that?" 

"Nope."

"Lauren-"

"Present." she sighed at my lame attempt to crack a joke. 

"You need to understand that you did something wrong. You went to a party where drugs were at arm's reach and where there were people with alcohol. You could've been hurt, even worse, raped! Someone could've spiked your drink or something-"

"I didn't drink anything. Nor did Jake. And he didn't do anything because I brought him along." I explained. 

"But you could've told me."

"It's not like you'll let me go."

"I know why you wanted to go so badly. I know you and Camila got in an argument but it doesn't mean you need to put yourself in danger. And you have other friends. You haven't even spoke to Alexa and Lucy or Luis." I sighed. 

"Well I can't speak to them, can I? With no laptop or phone, how am I going to talk to them, huh?" 

"Well... uh-" I interrupted again. 

"And Dad would definitely not let me go outside since he might think I might see Jake so there's no way I can see them now." 

"Look Lauren-"

"Unless you have a brilliant idea of how I can speak to all three of them, I'll love to hear it."

"Well if you look at me, it might be the answer to your worries." I scoffed. 

"It's one of your lame ideas to make me look at you."

"Just look at me, mija." 

"Fat chance!" 

"Lauren!" 

"Mum!" she sighed again. 

"Fine, don't look at me but when you're done with it, make sure you put it on the top shelf in the shoe cupboard, comprendes?" I didn't answer. What the hell was she talking about?

Camila POV

   I tried not to stay in my room all day and decided to go out with Sandra today. She sounded a bit pissed at me over the phone because I had completely ignored her all week but she agreed to meet in Little Havana. 

"Mija, take your little sister with you." my mum said just as I was about to leave the house. I nodded and waited for Sofi to put her shoes on. 

   I wish I hadn't brought a jumper, it was baking out here! I felt as if I was going to melt like an ice cream as I walked across the dry pavement with Sofi's hand firmly in mine. With the humidity slapping me in the face, I looked for Sandra. 

"Who are we waiting for?" Sofi asked. 

"Sandra." I answered, grinning at her. 

"YAY! I missed Sandra." she said, looking in my direction. I smiled at her again.