Chapter 2

Camila POV

   I met up with Bryce some few days after trying to meet with the girls'. We didn't talk at all; we sent each other a few monosyllabsic texts and that's about it. 

    I walked to the mall and went up the escalators to the second floor where Bryce was leaning on the bannister and staring into space. I walked up to him and tapped him. 

"Hi you." he greeted me and hugged me. I never kissed him before - it was weird kissing someone I hardly knew. And I was saving my first kiss for Lauren anyway. 'I hope I didn't make anything awkward for you and your friends. I'm really sorry about being awkward-' 

"It's okay." I reassured him. He grinned at me. 

"Great. I hope I can meet them another time." He was still grinning, with his eyes twinkling. 

"Yeah. Yeah you can." I said quickly before turning around, heading for the escalators. He followed me as I went on them. 

"You wanted to tell me something. What was it?" he questioned. 

    My heart skipped a beat. You wanted to tell me something. I couldn't do it, I couldn't! He didn't do anything wrong. It was all me and my stupid feelings for somebody else. He cared about me and all I was going to do was break his heart...

   "Well?" he was still grinning. STOP GRINNING! When we reached the first floor, I walked away from him but he kept following me. 

"I uh... it's nothing!" I quickly answered. 

"You sure?" He grabbed my hand and made me face him. I released my hand from his grip and looked at him. 

"Yeah, I uh... it's nothing at all. I just... I forgot. I'll tell you when I remember. Nothing for you to worry about." He held my hand. 

"Since we're already here, we can hang out. You choose." I stroked my hair back and looked around. GO AWAY BRYCE! 

"Uh... I don't know." I said, walking away from him, heading for the stairs this time. I could hear his footsteps behind me as I reached the first step. He stood in front of me as I tried going down the first flight of stairs. Move out of the way, I thought as he held both my shoulders. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asked. 

"Yeah... I'm fine. Why?" 

"You seem... distant." 

"I'm fine. I am!" I reassured him but he didn't look convinced. 

Bryce POV

   If she wanted to tell me something, why couldn't she? I mean, I am her boyfriend - we're supposed to have no secrets. 

"I uh... I thought of going to the beach. Is that fine with you?" I asked just to change the subject. 

"Yeah." she answered quickly, as she carried on speeding down the stairs. I ran after her. 

Camila POV

   GO AWAY ALREADY! Didn't he get the message? I'm not interested in going anywhere. I stopped sprinting down the stairs and looked at him. 

"Never knew you were in athletics." he joked. I just stared at him grinning then he stopped eventually. 

"I... I do need to tell you something." I said. He looked at me for a while before nodding. 

"What is it?" 

"This." I waved my hands around. 

"What do you mean 'This'.?"