Chapter 36: The End

Lauren POV

   Just as I was enjoying my sleep, I feel someone pushing and shoving me. Groaning, I say, 

"Taylor, go away!" hearing a deep voice chortle in the background, I get up immediately and stare into the darkness at the unfamiliar place. Where am I?

"Lauren, we need to go." Jake said. 

"Jake, where am I?" I asked. 

"My room or you're telling me you forgot everything?" I shook my head. I remember well everything I had done, and how I had to leave. 'Oh good.' he squinted a bit, biting his thumb. 

"What is it?" I asked. Sighing, he said, 

"There seems to be a problem. You need your passport and... you don't have it on you because it's at your house." 

"Shit." I muttered, slapping my forehead as well. 'I totally forgot about that!'

"Where does your parents' keep the passports normally?"

"In... I don't know... in the living room draw." I answered. He nodded. 

"Well uh... we'll have to break entry." I sighed. 

"We don't have to do that. I have the keys of every door to my house so I can just go through the garage, tiptoe up the stairs then go to the living room, take the correct passport then leave. Simple." he nodded in agreement. 

"Are you sure about this? I could go in for you." I shook my head. 

"If you get caught, I'm sure my dad would do anything to put you behind bars so it's safer if do it. If they find me, they'll probably scold me for a while then send me to bed then I'll sneak out using my window." 

"Alright. We should make it quick though, try not to spend so much time in there." he mentioned. 

"I'll try not to." I answered. 'What time is it?' he checked his watch. 

"3:30am. I remembered you needed your passport so I woke you up a little earlier than usual." I punched his shoulder playfully. 

"Good thinking!" I exclaimed. 

"Oh and when you're in there, try and get some few stuff." I nodded. 

"Yeah I will."

"No electronics! They-"

"Have tracking devices, yes I know. I've heard you say it a million times. Don't worry, I'm not that stupid to do that." I interrupted. 

"I'll keep your phone for the time being and remember when you land to call me." he said. 'And take the list.' he handed me the notebook. 

"Yes! I got it!" I said, taking the notebook from him and putting it in my pocket. 

"Do you want anything to eat before you go?" he asked. I shook my head. 'You sure?'

"I'm not hungry. I'll eat on the plane anyway or when I get off." I said, strapping my shoes to my feet. 'Alright, let's go then.' he nodded and opened his bedroom door for me. 

"We need to be really quiet, my brother's a light sleeper." he warned, starting to tiptoe down the stairs. Following his lead, I tiptoed down the stairs also. Not saying a word, he twisted the lock and slowly opened the door. 'You first.' he whispered. Taking two giant steps into the outside world, I waited until he was outside also. After closing the door as quietly as possible, he nodded and we started walking away from his house. 

Jake POV

   I did want to tell her that I had told Camila everything and she was willing to leave the country with her but I knew it would slow her down so I guess I would have to tell her later.