Chapter 20

Camila POV

   Should I call Lauren? I mean, I missed that girl. It's been too long since we haven't talked properly and I would love to make up with her. And Ally was right about the tour being close. Demi's 'Neon Lights Tout' was just round the corner and if Lauren and I do not sort this out now, it's going to be really awkward on the road and I don't want any of the girls' to go through that. 

   I picked up my phone and called her. 

Lauren POV

   "Are you sure?" Jake asked me. I nodded. 

"What ever it takes, remember?" I answered. He bit his lip. 

"But what if it doesn't go to plan or if it does and she forgives him?"

"Then we try again and again until she does break up with him." 

"How about if her heart is like proper broken and-"

"Just shut it!" I screamed at him. 

   All these questions were getting to me. I didn't want to think of the outcome of all this or if the whole set up is unsuccessful. It was going to go according to plan and he will be broken up with AGAIN and Camila would move on and see that she's better off without this fool. Better off with me. 

   "Lauren?" Jake called, tapping my shoulder. I looked up at him. 

"What?" I answered. 

"You better take this. It's Camila." he said, removing the phone from his ear and handing it to me. 

Camila POV

   "Hello?" I heard a male voice in the background. I sighed. 

"Jake, why the hell did you pick up the phone!" I snapped. 'I called Lauren, not you!' 

"Alright. I'll give her the phone then. Sheesh!" there was silence on the otherside until I heard Jake's inaudible voice talking to someone. I waited some few seconds before hearing Lauren's voice on the otherside. 

"Uh... hello?" she called. 

"Um... hi Lauren." 

"Hey Camz, what's up?" she said in a cheerful voice which made me grin. 

"Nothing. Nothing." I answered stupidly. 

"Then why did you call me?" 

"Um... I just... I- I want to hang out with you. Today if it's okay." Lauren didn't answer straight away. I heard her inaudible voice talking to Jake in the background before she answered. 

Lauren POV

   I want to hang out with you. HELL YEAH! Gosh, I couldn't wait. 

   I pressed the receiver onto my shoulder and called Jake's name. 

"What's up?" he replied. 

"Guess what?" 

"What?"

"Guess asshole." he chuckled. 

"Camila broke up with the boyfriend and asked you out on a date?" he suggested. I rolled my eyes. 

"The news ain't that great. She wants to hang out with me!" 

"Oh my gosh! That's great. Get it, tiger. RAWR!" we both chuckled together. 

   I put the receiver back in my ear and heard her breathing. 

"Yes." I said, nodding. 

"Great." she replied apprehensively. 

"Cool. Today's fine."

"Uhm." we stayed silent for a while. I hadn't spoken to her in ages and it felt as if we met for the first time ever. 

"What time?" I asked. She stayed quiet for a while then she finally answered. 

"When are you free?"

"I'm always free."

"How about Jake?" I didn't really like the way she put a stress on Jake's name but I let it slide. 

"He won't mind."

"In an hour at the park?"

"Yep." I answered, nodding my head. 

"Great." she said. I didn't hear anything else on the otherside, not even her breathing or the wind in the background or something. I looked back at my phone to see my home screen. She hanged up on me. 

   Jake sat next to me. 

"So?" he said. 

"I've got an hour." I said, grinning up at him. 

"Awwww! My darling." he chuckled. 'Jauregbear, d'you remember something?' I glared at him. 

"What?"

"Remember to wear a condom. I don't want that poor girl to get pregnant, okay?" I slapped him playfully. 

"You're an idiot!"

"Oh really? I thought it was asshole." 

"Yah! You funny (!)" 

"I know I am!" 

Camila POV

   I didn't mean to hang up on her but I just didn't feel like talking at the moment. I hope she's not too pissed about me hanging up on her and it wouldn't jeopardise our meeting or even our friendship

   I can't lie and say that I don't miss her. Of course I do! She's my best friend and because of all this drama that's been going on, everyday I feel as if I'm losing her, losing her to him. To Jake. The one who kissed her but yet she's still talking to him as if nothing happened! Oh how I hate that Jake. Or envy him. He kissed her! Something I always wanted to do... something he accomplished before me. If only I didn't get back with Bryce, it would've been a lot more simpler to be able to reach Lauren and tell her all the feelings I had locked away inside me. But no, I had to mess up! If only one day... one day everything could go my way and Camren can be real.