Chapter 24

Lauren POV

   Brittany was still sitting against the couch, examining her phone. She had a morose expression on her face as everyone around her were smoking and drinking. The guy that had sat next to me previously before Brittany sat next to me touched my shoulder. 

"Butterflies!" he said dreamily, pointing at the ceiling. I nodded and moved away from him. I tapped Brittany on the shoulder and she looked up at me. 

"Oh it's you Amelia. Hi." she said sadly. I squinted. 

"Who's Amelia?" I asked. 

"You." she looked at me confused. I slapped my forehead. 

"Oh right! Just trying to make a joke." I played along. She gave me a toothless smile. 

"Yep." we both sighed at the same time. 

   "You now what would be great." I said. 

"What?" she asked. Should I include her into this? But if I do, I'll have to tell her who I am - or maybe I can include her still acting as Amelia

"If our crushes were single." she smiled. 

"That would be perfect." I nodded. 

"It would be but it sucks that they're not." she nodded along with me. 

"If only we could break them up or something." I looked at her with a smile spread across my face. Great minds think alike!

"That's exactly what I was thinking! If only there was a way to make your crush single and mine then that would be great." 

"YEAH!" she said, doing the spirit fingers. 'But how?'

"It's simple! Since your crush is here, all we have to do is capture him kissing another girl." she gave me a weird look. 

"Kissing another girl? That would make me even madder!" 

"The girl can be you." she let out a giggle. 

"OH! I'm so dumb! Yeah! That would be awesome." she held out her hand and I high fived her. 'You got a camera?' 

"Hell yeah!" 

"Let's got then!" she said, rising from her seat and heading towards the door. I stalked her out of the living room and felt a fresh breeze slapping me against my face. She held my hand and directed me towards the kitchen, away from the fresh air. 

   The kissing couples increased in the kitchen, they were practically EVERYWHERE! Still with hard grip on my hand, she directed me towards a kissing couple. She yanked the guy and turned him so he could face us. 

"What?" he asked annoyed, glaring at us. He stopped glaring then looked at me with a grin. 'Presenting me to your single girl, huh? What's her name?' he asked, still with a fixed look on me. 

"Ashton, this is Amelia. Amelia, this is Ashton." she introduced us. I awkwardly waved at him then looked at the girl he was just making out with; she was glaring at us. 

"What's up?" he asked, biting his bottom lip. Ashton was really tanned and had spiky, jet black hair which was shaved on the side. He was wearing no shirt on - couldn't blame him, it was baking in here. I would have found him quite hot if I wasn't interested in Camila. 

"Where's Bryce?" Brittany asked. He sighed and pulled a face. 

"He's not interested for fuck's sake-" 

"I don't care! Where is he?" she demanded. 

"Upstairs. Why?" 

"None of your business." she said, pulling me out of the kitchen.