V ~ Red, Yellow, Green

Credit to CheyBooks  for this banner.

So, I have a question for you. Is it odd that I can tell when people die? Hm, I thought so. Well, it's the truth and it seems you'll have to bear that in mind.

Anyways, about the colors. I see how people die through their auras. The aura colors that I can see are red, yellow, and green. Red means that they'll die that day, yellow means they'll die mid life; most likely by a murder or a disease, and green means that they'll live their whole lives and die of natural causes.

But, there's a catch. There's always a catch. Your aura can change with one simple decision. Say you had to take a plane somewhere but, you got stuck in traffic and missed it. You return home and turn on the news later that night. Your flight crashed, leaving no survivors. Your aura turned green as soon as that plane took off. You just escaped death, my friend.

That's all back story, come to the present with me. I have science first bell and I like to get to class early so I can see everyone's aura. They change everyday, it's insane. I rush in today and take my seat. Eric comes in with a red aura. Poor guy.

As I watch everyone file into the lab, I notice that everyone's aura is red. I furrow my brow. How odd. My professor walks in and goes straight to his desk after shutting and locking the door. He doesn't ever do that. I think to look at my aura. A dark, blood red. I take a breath and look to my professor who is now shuffling papers on his desk. His aura is a sickly green.

I feel all the blood drain from my face. Oh no. I raise my hand. My professor looks up. Something flashes in his eyes. Anger and irritation.

"Yes, Mr. Oliver?" He drawls.
"Can I use the restroom?" I ask politely it urgently.
"No."
"Why?"
"You get to class so early, you could've gone then."

He ignores my protests and keeps preparing for class. Everyone begins moving around for their stuff but the professor holds up a hand and the shuffling stops. He plants his hands on the desk and leans forward. Something flashes in his eyes. Satisfaction.

"No need for your notebooks, class. You won't need them today," He pauses and smiles. "Or ever again."

•••

It's a shame he can't escape death after praising people who did.