XXXIIII ~ Knock, Knock, Knock

"Okay kids, we're heading out!" Mrs. Heaton yells as she slams the doors shut.

    Violet turns towards her brother, a grin spreading across her face. Eli glares at his sister and crosses his arms.

''Whatever it is, I'm not doing it." He says.

    Violet rolls her eyes.

"I wasn't thinking anything.'' Violet says, flipping her purple mermaid hair over her shoulder.

    Eli could sense a 'but' at the end of her sentence. It never came though.

"So, I'll be in my room." Violet says, inching towards the hall.
"Okay."

    Violet begins walking but turns around abruptly.

"Do not answer the door. Understand?" Violet commands, tone string and unwavering.

    Eli nods and turns away, turning on the TV. Not moments later, someone knocks on the door. Three simple knocks. Eli looks towards the locked door.

"Don't do it!" Shouts Violet from the depths of her room.
"Wasn't going to!" He shouts back.

    They knock again. Three times. Violet appears in the hallway.

"What do they want?" She mutters.

    Eli watches his sister creep towards the front door.

"Violet?" Eli calls quietly.

    She puts a finger to her lips and cracks the door open. Eli sees that she shrugs.

"No one is there." She says, not caring.

    Violet slams the door only to be met by three loud knocks. The door moves with the force of the bangs. Violet furrows her dark brows.

"If I'm not back soon, go to the neighbors." Eli barely hears what she says before she slips out into the summer night.

    An uneasy feeling passes over Eli. Ten minutes go by and Violet doesn't come back. Eli sighs and heads over to his neighbors. They let him in and he goes and sits in front of the TV. The news plays, displaying a ranch house and a man standing outside... snatching a girl with purple hair away when she rounds the house. Eli's blue eyes widens.

"Hey," His neighbor says, pointing at the screen. "Isn't that your house... and your sister."

    Eli continues to stare at the screen.

"Yes," He says, voice haunted. "Yes, that is."

•••

Nice. So, now that is over with. Again, sorry about my updating schedule! Now, how about a happy story for once?