XX ~ The Hospital

My friends drag me into the stupidest things. They're all adrenaline junkies and it kind of scares me. Oh, Lei is scared of abandoned places? Let's go! Oh, Lei doesn't like Ouija boards? Let's go summon a demon! Oh, Lei doesn't like running away from some homeless psycho? Let's go aggravate one! I hate it but I love them nonetheless.

    Today, my friends lay on my bed, looking for things to do. Ahna gasps and squeals.

"Look at this, guys!"
"What is it?" Teja asks, peering over her shoulder.
"It's an abandoned children's hospital. Wanna go?"
"I have stuff to do tonight." I try to excuse myself.
"Lei," Teja looks at me and places a dark skinned hand on my shoulder. "We know you don't have a life. You're free tonight."

    I sigh and nod. Ahna smiles and flicks her beach blonde hair out of her eyes and rubs her very tanned hands together and grins.

"Let's get ready then." Ahna states.

    My insane friends leap off of the bed and get dressed. Ahna throws on a black sweatshirt and leggings. She tames her surfer wave hair with a tie dye headband. Teja does the same and ties her hair up.

    Ahna shoulders a backpack and shoves her hands into some fingerless gloves.

"Lei, you're not getting out of this." Teja says.
"I know."

    I slide off of the bed and get dressed in the same attire. The girls smile and walk out of the door. Here we go...

~

    No. No. No. I'm not doing this. This is the worst one yet. We stand in front of a massive brick building that is collapsing slowly. Large metal pipes prod out of the top of the building. Teja and Ahna smile and begin there trek inside.

    After twenty minutes of walking through heavily graffitied rooms, we stumble into the clinic part of the building.

"Is that... is that a morgue?" I ask in horror.
"Yeah, dude. Wicked." Ahna snaps a picture of it.
"Nice." Teja walks towards it and runs a hand over the contraption.

    I cough and look around. A noise makes me jump. I spin and gaze into the pitch black hallway. Turning back to the girls they shrug and venture into the hallway.

"Why are you here?" A voice rasps.
"Sorry, man," Ahna calls into the darkness. "We'll leave if you want!"

    No reply. Teja and Ahna look at each other then to me.

"We should go." Teja says.
"Yeah, and fast." Ahna agrees.
"Let's go, Lei."

    I nod and rush after then.

"No! Don't leave yet!" Someone calls.

    That only urges me to run faster. Then someone grabs my arm and yanks me back.

"Ahna! Teja!" I scream.
"Lei?" They call.

    A hand slaps over my mouth, muffling my cries.

"The fun only just begun." They whisper into my ear.

    A laugh sounds from the person as they pull me into the darkness.

•••

Oh my God. I watch wwwaayyy to many 24 hour overnight challenges. Whatever, they're really flip flopping cool. I just finished my second book and I'm publishing a new one tomorrow. Yay!