XXVIIII ~ Fears

"Athena Rowling?" A nurse calls.

    I stand and straighten my jacket. The nurse waves at me to follow her into the back.

"You are here for the Test, correct?" She asks, peering at her tablet and swiping a few strands of pink hair out of her face.
"Yes." I confirm, tying my flaming red hair out of my face.

The nurse nods and takes me into a room.

"The doctor will be in momentarily." She informs me and shuts the door.

I sit on the table and look around the room.

"Ms. Rowling?" A male voice speaks.

I look up from my hands and see the young doctor gazing at me.

"Yes?" I answer, sitting up straighter.

He nods and sits down in the chair by the newly installed WallTech.

"So, tell me Athena, what are you afraid of?" The doctor asks.
''Clowns and tight spaces." I say, a shiver running down my spine.
"Coulrophobia and claustrophobia." He mutters and types it into the WallTech.
"Am I done now?" I ask.

The doctor turns back around.

"Not quite. The actual test of the Test will take place in the operating room. Those are just key things to look for."

I nod and watch as the doctor stands ad beckons me to follow him.

"We shall begin." He says.

~

"All done!" The doctor says happily after I wake up from the medical induced sleep.
"So? What killed me in my past life?" I ask, voice raspy from sleep.
"Exactly what you're afraid of. It was quite easy."

I give the doctor a flat gaze. Answer my question please.

"A killer clown seemed to lock you in some tight space and keep you in there. What was interesting was, they started to fill the box with water and drowned you. You never mentioned being afraid of drowning."

I shrug. I don't like deep water. I wasn't deathly afraid of it so I didn't mention it.

"Well, thank you, Doc." I say, gathering my things.

He nods.

"Anytime."

I saunter out of the doors and begin walking down the street without a care in the world. Passing a dark alleyway, I decide to peer in. There, in the alleyway, was a circus clown. He stands in the narrowest part of it, grinning at me. And in his hand, he holds a bottle of water, tinted with an odd color. The color being red.

•••

I hate clowns so much. They are terrifying!