XXX ~ The Babysitter

The Davidson family went out to dinner every Friday.

"Honey," Mrs. Davidson calls to her husband as she secures her earring. "What if we didn't take the kids tonight? I mean, they aren't even ready."

Mr. Davidson tries to tie his tie as he ponders his wife's suggestion.

"Yes, I think we can do that. We'll need a babysitter though. Where will we find one on such short notice?"

Mrs. Davidson gets up from her vanity and walks over to Mr. Davidson and helps him with his tie.

"We could get one of those babysitter websites." She says, straightening his tie.

Mr. Davidson nods.

"Let's go tell the kids."

The couple walks down the stairs, hand in hand.

"Alivia, Logan, Cole! Come here please!" Ms. Davidson calls into the house from her spot in the living room.

Alivia walks down the stairs and glares at her mother but, stands quiet anyways. Logan, the middle child of the Davidson family pounds down the stairs and grins at his parents and little Cole waddles after his brother, walking as fast as his little four year old legs could carry him.

"We have decided that we are going to dinner by ourselves. You three will be staying here." Mr. Davidson informs the children.

A hopeful expression crosses Alivia's face.

"With a babysitter." He adds.

Alivia's mood deflates. The children sat down, waiting for their parents picked a babysitter for them.

"There," Mrs. Davidson says, shutting off her phone with a smile. "Your babysitter's name is Alex. He will be here in five minutes. Will you behave for that long?"

The thirteen year old and the nine year old exchange a quick glance.

"Of course, Mother." Alivia says, sweetness dripping off her words.
"Mother," Logan says, false hurt coloring his tone as he holds a hand to his chest. "How could you think so low of us?"

Mrs. Davidson brushes off her sons comment and riles her husband and they leave. Mean while, an old man sits outside their window, listening to the Davidson's conversation. They never saw the babysitter's face, The old man thinks. I could easily switch out who babysits the kids.

Minutes later, the old man sees a young man walking down the side walk. He stops in front of the house and smiles.

"This is it." The young man mutters as he begins to walk towards the front door.
"Sir," The old man calls out. "Could you come here for a quick moment?"

The young man stops and redirects his path over to the old man.

"What is your name?" The old man asks.
"My name is Alex, sir."

The old man grins.

"Perfect."

~

Someone knocks on the door.

"Logan! Go get that!" Alivia shouts from up stairs while she scrolls on her phone.

Logan rushes to the door after telling Cole to stay where he is. Logan yanks the door open.

"Hi!" Logan shouts to the old man who stands at the door.
"Hello." He says lowly.
"What's your name?"
"Alex."