XXIIII ~ You Better Run, Better Run

"All the other kids
With their pumped up kicks
You better run, better run
Faster than my bullet-"

     A bullet shoots past my head. How ironic that this song comes up on my playlist while I'm running from someone. Trying to run from someone who has a gun.

"-All the other kids
With their pumped up kicks
You better run, better run
Out run my gun-"

    Someone tackles me to the ground. I cry out and smack the person in the face.

"What do you want?" I screech, pushing them off of me arms scrambling off of the ground.

    Multiple shots go off, probably making my eardrums burst. I take off running again. I hear the person curse and throw their gun to the ground. Someone didn't count their bullets. I trip over a log and fall.

    They stand over me. I only stare up at them. My black hair flies in the slight breeze, after coming loose from its ponytail.?

"Money." They say gruffly.
"I'm on a run! Why would I carry money with me?"

    No, I actually did bring money but I wasn't about to tell this strange man that I did have money. The man lets out a sigh and shakes his head. His face still hidden by the shadows of the trees, he pulls something out of his pocket.

"Ma'am you dropped your money." He says, tone more clear.
"That doesn't explain why you were shooting at me!"

     The man laughs.

"I wasn't shooting at you, Ma'am. That was your music. The flashes you saw? Those were you running past the street lamps."
"But, you tackled me!"

    He laughs again.

"I tripped over my feet and just so happened to land on you." He explains.

    I get up and hesitantly take my money away from him. The mysterious man fakes tipping a hat and walks off, leaving me on darkness. Well, so much for imagination, right?

•••

I got you! You though is was going to be a scary one. Hehehe. I'm running out of ideas! Feel free to comment some!