XXXII ~ Drip

Lee, a newly graduated college student collapses into his flat. Tired from work, he sets his bag down and goes to let his husky out of her cage. Steel yips happily when her owner opens the cage that she had put into a eight o'clock this morning. Lee smiles down at his companion.

"Hey, Steel," He greets. "Come on, let's get you fed. I don't know about you but I'm ready to go to bed."

    The two go to the kitchen. Lee gets Steel's bowl and fills it, setting it down so she can eat. With a yawn, Lee chugs a glass of water and heads off to bed.

Now, Lee is a paranoid man ever since a burglar broke into his house as a kid. So, his mother bought Steel to help him feel safe. It works and that's all that matters.

    Lee lays down and almost immediately falls asleep. Steel takes her place under Lee's bed and falls asleep too.

~

    Drip, drip, drip. Lee sits up and rubs his eyes. He looks around the dark room, confused as of what the noise is. The man sniffs and puts his hand under his bed. Steel licks his hand to reassure him that she's still there. Satisfied, Lee lays back and closes his eyes once more.

~

    Drip, drip, drip. Lee wakes up again.

"What in the world?" He mutters groggily.

    Lee coughs and rubs his eyes. It's only the sink, he thinks to himself. He nods and puts his hand under the bed. Steel licks his hand, reassuring him that she is still in her place. Convinced, he lays back and goes back to sleep.

~

    Drip, drip, drip. Lee groans and sits up.

"What is that?" He asks himself, ripping off the sheets and looking around.

    Lee, forgetting to put his hand under the bed, gets up and walks into the bathroom. He turns on the lights and, on instinct, turns to the sink, not looking at the mirror. Nope, not the sink.

    He frowns. Oh! The shower. Lee nods and rips back the curtain. His heart drops. On the shower head, sits the decapitated head of Steel. Blood drips into the drain. Something squeaks, making Lee turn around. His dark eyes land on the mirror. On the mirror, written in Steel's blood are the words - Humans Can Lick Too.

•••

The real name for this is Humans Can Lick Too but, I didn't want to be basic so I made it something different. So, who likes dolls? 'Cause that's the theme for the next scary story! Yay! (But not really because dolls are scary.)