XXIII ~ Methods

• This is a true story so, I'm going to use the actual names.

"Ava!" Someone screams in my ear.
"Ow." I mumble.

    I turn my head and see Kaylee shoving her phone in my face. I give her a look but take it nonetheless.

"See that person?" Kaylee asks, pointing to the screen.
"Yeah?"
"They are now the Scout List."
"What did they do?"

    Kaylee turns towards me after looking at her nails.

"They took my pencil."

    I quirk an eyebrow.

"Your pencil." I repeat.

    My neighbor nods, tying her brown hair up and into a ponytail.

"It was a mechanical pencil."
"Oh."

    Kaylee begins toying with my messy blonde hair.

"So," She begins conversationally. "What method should I use? I was thinking the bamboo method. Oh! Or maybe the rat method."

    I shrug. You see, Kaylee has obsessions with torture methods. It scares me, just a little. The thing is, she will actually do it if it comes to the point. I'm starting to think that she may have the killer genes. You know, the extra chromosome that you get?

"Do whatever you want. I'm not helping you though."

Kaylee keeps a steady gaze on me. Her hazel eyes never wavering.

"Okay. I didn't expect you to."

I nod. That's that then. Kaylee acts odd throughout out the rest of the day. Weirder than she's ever been and that's saying something. We come home and get off the bus. Kaylee walks straight forward not saying anything. I bid her goodbye and turn into the cul-de-sac that I live on.

    Later that night, I turn on the news and see that someone was murdered. I furrow my brow and keep watching. The suspects picture comes up. It's Kaylee.

•••

Last paragraph isn't true but, I would be surprised if Kaylee did murder someone. My neighbor is insane.

P.S. - HI KAYLEE.