Chapter 1

Nick’s POV

“Yo, Nick, is it okay if you and Selena come with me and Demi for dinner tonight?”

I thought about it for a couple of seconds, “Eh, why not? I’ll see you around…”

“Seven-ish.”

“Cool, see you then.” Joe patted my back and headed out of my office. Joe was my second eldest brother. He was awesome, too. He was always there for me when no one else was. Let me explain who I am. I’m Nicholas Jonas, CEO of some car business my dad owns. I’m a billionaire. Oh, and the Selena girl Joe mentioned is my girlfriend. Man, am I in love with her. She’s so awesome. Hmm, what else do I love about her. I like her smile… sometimes, and I like her jokes… when they’re not ones that are teasing me. She’s okay, but I still love her. My phone buzzed on my desk, and I looked at the caller ID. Ugh, Selena. She’s probably calling to nag me about not cleaning the dishes right. Should I pick it up? Why not… “Hello?”

“Nickyyy, it’s Selly.” She tried to sound seductive into the phone, but it came off as screechy. Ugh how I hate when she screeches.

“Hey, Selena. Why did you call?” I tried to sound sincere, but it’s hard when you have a headache from the person you’re trying to be nice to.

“I can’t call my wonderful boyfriend? Is there another girl in there?” I wish so I could get this monster to stop screeching.

“No, Selena, but I have to get back to work. Is there anything else you want to say?” By this time, I sounded irritated.

“Man, Nick, take a chill pill. I guess I’ll just go. Bye.”

I was about to hang up when I remembered the double date tonight, “Wait, Selena, we’re going on a double date with Joe and his girlfriend.”

“Oh, okay, finally I get to meet this girlfriend Joe is always talking about.” Selena sounded irritated when she says the words Joe and girlfriend in the same sentence.

“Yeah, so see you later, bye.” I hung up quickly so I don’t have to hear that piercing screech. I sighed, relieved when I see my secretary walk in with a smile on her face.

“Mr. Jonas, you’re done for the day. You can go ahead and go home,” she smiled.

“Thanks, Miley. Since I’m done with work today, you can go ahead and go home.” I stood up and walked toward Miley. “And you need to stop calling me Mr. Jonas because we’re best friends and best friends don’t call each other by their last names,” I smiled.

“Yeah, I know, but it's company policy that I respect higher officials.”

I laughed, “Man, you make me sound old.”

“Well you are, but hey, want to go grab coffee?”

I smiled and linked arms with her, “Of course, bestie.”

We both laughed and headed off to our cars. Now, I know what you’re thinking. ‘Why are you and Miley being all wee wee to each other?’ Well, me and Miley have been best friends since we were five. We had feelings for each other for a while and dated. It never took off, and now we stay the best of friends. Everybody around the office is used to us like this, and they never pay any attention to it.

After me and Miley are done with our coffees, I headed off to my house to see that monster I call my girlfriend. Man, I hope she doesn’t look like she did yesterday. She looked like a raccoon with her make-up smeared. I walked up to the door of our house and place my hand on the door knob. Well, here goes nothing. I took a deep breath and opened the door.