Chapter 15

Nick’s POV

I fell onto the bed with Selena on top of me. My hands roamed her body, and I felt a rush of guilt flow over me. I felt like I’m cheating on Demi. But, we weren't even together, so it doesn’t matter.

Selena’s lips trailed up my bare chest, and she started sucking on my neck. “Oh, Demi,” I moaned. Selena pulled away and scoffed.

“Demi? What the hell? Ugh, is that all anyone ever cares about is ‘Demi’? Ew, this was such a turn off. Tell me when you’re ready to have sex and make sure you remember my name.” She scoffed again and climbed off of me. I plopped myself up on my elbows and chuckled slightly. “It’s not funny!” she yelled back at me as she left our room. I lifted myself off the bed and stared in the mirror...

What didn’t she see in me? She said so many times that I was everything Joe wasn’t, but yet she still left me. And worse… she left me for him. I needed to talk to someone. But first, I wanted payback. I picked up my phone and dialed his number. It rang a couple of times.

“Yellow, it’s Joe, what’s cracka lackin’, my home slice?” Oh, typical Joe.

“Hey, Joe, it’s Nick, I was wondering if you want to go on a double date with me and Selena?”

There wasn't an answer for a couple of seconds. “Um, who would my date be?” Well, this was awkward.

“Um, Demi, remember? I know you’re with her.”

He sighed, “Okay, when?”

“Tonight at 8. Bye.” I hung up before he could even abject. I took my shirt from my chair and walked out of the bedroom door, putting it on. I saw Selena watching TV in the living room. I walked down the steps and talked to her while making my way down. “Hey, Selena, we have a date with Joe and Demi at 8 tonight.”

“Yeah, whatever. I’ll start getting ready and so should you. We only have two hours.” She got up from the couch and walked past me.

“Yeah, I’m going to be back in an hour or so. Make sure you’re ready.” I grabbed my keys and headed out to my car. I drove for about twenty minutes before I reached the semi-familiar driveway. I parked my car and walked up to the door. I knocked slowly, hoping someone was home. The door opened and a beautiful girl stood at other side of the door. I smiled slightly.

“Hey, Nick.” She opened up her arms, and I walked in them happily. “What brings you here?” She led me to the living room.

“Uh, Danielle, I was wondering if Kevin was home. I have something really important to talk to him about.”

Danielle smiled, “Uh, yeah, he’s right up stairs, and how many times have I told you to call me ‘Dani’.”

I chuckled, “Sorry… Dani.” She smiled.

“Yo, Kev, Nick’s here.” She stood up from the couch and walked over to Kevin, giving him a peck on the lips.

“Thanks, babe.” I stood up from the couch and gave him a man hug. “So, Nick, what brings you here?”

I chuckled, “You and Dani are exactly alike.” Kevin looked at me confused. “Never mind.”

“Well… anyway… want to answer my question?”

“Uh, yeah. I’m here because I want to tell you that I lost my virginity.” I closed my eyes knowing what Kevin’s reaction was going to be.

He jumped up from the couch. “You what? How could you? To who? Should I slap her? How could you, Nick? You were the one who always tried to save it ‘till marriage…” Kevin paced back and forth while muttering stuff to himself. He stopped and turned to me. It looked like tears were streaming down his face. “Why? Can I at least know who?”

I took a deep breath, and I felt the knot in my throat. “It… was Demi,” I whispered. I looked at Kevin, and he had a shocked expression.

“Wait, Joe's Demi? How?” he asked, his voice cracking.

“Oh, you know, when a boy and a girl love each other-.”

He chuckled, “I know how, but what I mean is, did it just suddenly happen or was it planned?”

I looked down. “She got drunk, and I got caught up in the moment, and it just happened.” He sat on the couch next to me.

“You’re only here because something else happened. I know you wouldn’t only tell me this unless something else is bothering you.” He patted my shoulder.

I looked up at him, tears streaming down my face. “She broke up with me.” Kevin pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back.

“C’mon, you couldn’t have been that bad,” Kevin joked, trying to lighten up the mood.

I chuckled slightly, “No, I’m not. We did it a couple of times, but today she just… yelled at me, told me she didn’t love me, that all the times we had sex she hated it because I actually thought she loved me!” I had a million tears streaming down my face. “Kevin, she didn’t love me! I loved her so much, and it meant nothing at all! She told me to go back to Selena!” I grabbed Kevin shirt and continued sobbing. “Kevin, she hates me!” I continued sobbing into Kevin’s shirt.

Kevin’s POV

“Sh, it’s going to be okay, Nick. It’s going to be okay,” I said over and over again. I’ve never seen my brother so… broken. Even when him and Selena broke up the first time, he never shed a tear. I knew Demi, and it had to do with Selena. Selena is so going to pay.