Chapter 19

Nick’s POV

I walked into my office slowly. I saw Joe sitting on my office couch. Seriously, what does he want? I sighed as I walke to my desk. I sat in my chair and faced him.

He smirked, “Nicholas.”

I scoffed, “Joseph.” I made a face and continued, “What do you want?” I leaned on my arms in front of my computer. Joe stood up from the chair and started pacing around my office. He walked around slowly, and it was kind of pissing me off. “Joe, seriously, what do you want?”

He stopped and smirked at me. “Just came here to tell you that… Selena doesn’t miss you at all.”

I shrugged, “And I care, why?”

He laughed, “What I mean is she doesn’t think you would actually be good in bed. At least she said you lost your virginity. I mean, you’re with Demi. That whore would’ve gotten you in bed sooner or later.”

I jumpped up and slammed my hand on my desk. “You don’t talk about her like that!”

Joe laughed, “Whoa, calm down. Wow, she’s really got you sprung. Does she know about you and Miley?”

I snarled, “Why would that matter?”

He chuckled. Boy, do I want to punch him so hard. “Oh, I don’t think she would stay with you after she found out what you two did together.”

My hands tightened into fists. I looked out my office and saw Demi and Miley laughing. I pointed to them. Joe turned to look. “I bet Miley already told Demi we used to go out, so it wouldn’t matter.”

He chuckled once again and turned back around to face me. “No, you know what I mean. Yours and Miley’s relationship was pretty intimate, if you remember correctly. I remember when I found you two that one day.”

What was he talking about? “You mean the day you found us making out.”

He smirked, “If that’s what you want to call it.”

I shook my head, “I don’t’ know what you’re talking about, but if you say anything that would jeopardize mine or Demi’s or Miley’s job, I will fire you without a second thought.”

He chuckled, “I don’t think Dad would approve. He wouldn’t let you fire his favorite.”

I was the one who chuckled this time. “Oh, so you mean if you’re Dad’s favorite, you would’ve gotten my job, and you would be the one to threaten to fire people.” I chuckled and sat in my chair. “Burn.” I looked at him, and I swear I saw steam coming out of his ears. Oh, yeah. Nick: 1, Joe: 0.

He chuckled, and I can tell he was trying to hide his anger. “You know, I would never think that the first person you get laid by is that.”

I jumped up again. “Don’t you talk about her like that! You’re just jealous that I ‘got laid’ by her, and you couldn’t.”

He chuckled, “Oh, I’m sorry, did she actually tell you that she was a virgin when she slept with you?”

I clenched my teeth together. “Yes, she did.”

He laughed, “Awe, such a shock. Well, let me tell you, she wasn’t. Now, brother-to-brother, isn’t she amazing when she uses her special move?”

I walked around my desk and grabbed him by the collar. I pushed him into the couch, hovering over him while still holding him. “Don’t you ever come to me and try to ruin my life! Whatever happened to Joe being the nice one? Now, before I fucking fire your ass, get the hell out of my office and never come back unless you want to never see the light of day again. You got that?” Joe just looked at me stunned. “I said, do you got that?” He nodded, and I pushed him away. I stood up straight and fixed my suit. “Get the fuck out of here!”

Joe stood up and walked out of my office, slamming the door on his way out. “Ugh!” I walked to my desk and grabbed a pencil holder, throwing it across the room. I walked to my chair and stuffed my face in my hands. I heard a knock at my door.

Demi’s POV

I knocked slowly and peaked my head around the door. “Nick, is everything okay?”

He shook his head while it was still stuffed in his hands, “No.”

I walked forward and stood in front of his desk. I took a deep breath. “What happened?”

He rubbed his face in his hands and looked up. “Did you sleep with him?”

I felt anger build up inside of me, “What? Is that what he told you?”

He stood up from his desk. “Did you fucking sleep with him, Demi?” he yelled.

I felt tears start to well up in my eyes, “Don’t talk to me like that!” I yelled back.

His face turned red with the anger leaving him. “Then answer the fucking question! It’s a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ question!”

I let a single tear drop, “Nick, what did he tell you?” I whispered.

His face softened, and he walked to me. He ran his thumb along my cheek. He whispered, “Please don’t cry. I didn’t mean to yell. I’m so sorry.” He pulled me into a hug. “Please, just tell me, did you sleep with him?”

I shook my head as my tears soaked his shirt. “No, I didn’t.”

He rubbed my back. “Please, if you did, just tell me. I promise I won’t be mad.”

I pulled away, more furious than ever. “Why won’t you believe me? Is it because he’s your brother? What is it, bro’s before hoe’s?”

He threw his arms up. “No! Do you really want to know what he told me?”

I screamed, “Yes!”

He sighed and walked over to his couch. He sat down and rested his arms on his knees. He stuffed his face in his hands once again. “He told me… that you slept with him and that he couldn’t believe that I gave my virginity to you, and ugh!” he threw himself back into the couch. “Everything he said got me so angry, and I wanted to just punch him so hard,” he talked toward the ceiling.

I walked forward and sat next to him. I sighed and pulled him into a hug. “Did you ever notice that we’ve got a screwed up relationship?”

He chuckled, “Only a couple of times.”

I giggled and pulled away. I smiled and leaned forward. He met me halfway. Our lips collided, and the sparks flew through my body as they always did.

I pulled away, “Tonight, I’m going to make up for what Joe said to you.”

He smiled and looked to the floor, “Yipee.”

I giggled and leaned on him. “I love you, Nick.”

He smiled, “I love you, too, Dems.”