Chapter 23

Slumping down in his chair, a curl fell into his face as he watched his mother and former girlfriend talk about a future wedding.

"So, Demetria, how long have you and Joe been going out?" his mother asked the love of his life. Being more frustrated, he crossed his arms over his chest, pouting slightly.

"Well, Joe and I have been going out for a couple of months." She stopped and smiled slightly, leaning to sneak a peek at her former boyfriend. "Isn't that right, Nick?"

Nick gawked slightly at her choice of words. Couple of months? They've been going out for a couple of months.

"Right, Demi," he answered coldly.

Smiling triumphantly, Demi turned back to Mrs. Jonas. "So, Mrs. Jonas, when do you think we should have the wedding?"

Without hesitating, she answered, "Next week."

Gawking once again and raising an eyebrow, Nick sat upright, "Mom, isn't that too early?"

"Of course not, Nicholas. They've been engaged for a couple of weeks and any while longer, knowing Joe, they won't get married. We're rich. We can get the wedding set perfectly in a week."

Standing up abruptly, Nick walked over to Demi and grabbed her arm. "Excuse us," he commented and pulled Demi with him.

---

In the next room he could find, Nick threw Demi in first and flipped on the light switch, closing the door behind them. "Demi, you can't really be getting married to Joe."

"Yes, I can," she answered snottily.

"No, you can't," Nick answered, slightly hurt.

Demi crossed her arms, while stepping back on her right leg, "Look, Nick, you're the one who came up with this ridiculous idea. Maybe this is your way of breaking up with me." Demi's voice quieted down and shook slightly.

Stepping forward, Nick let his hands rub Demi's arms. "Dems, you know that's not true. I love you so much, and you know it."

"Do I know that, Nick?" Demi shook her head and looked at the floor.

Acting quickly, Nick let his hands find her cheeks and pulled her into him. He let his lips dance with hers and tongues wrestle roughly.

Realizing where they were at, Nick pushed Demi into the sink counter and lifted her up. Placing his hands on the mirror behind them, he pushed himself into her until it hurt.

After a couple of minutes, Nick pulled away, gasping for air along with Demi.

"Please tell me that showed you," he begged.

Demi shook her head quickly and covered her mouth while walking out.