Chapter 3

Nick's POV

When I saw the doorknob turn, I was sure I was going to hate Joe's girlfriend. Boy, was I wrong. The door opened and, man, I felt something I've never felt before. There's just a million bajillion butterflies in my stomach, and I see stars. The most beautiful girl stood right before me.

"Hello. Um, may I help you?" Whoa, she even has the voice of an angel.

"Uh, my name," my voice went high pitched on 'my name.' It was always like that when I talked to a beautiful girl. I cleared my throat and started again, "My name is, uh, my name is, uh, my name's Bob." I close my eyes in anger at myself. "I mean my name is..." I felt my pants tighten. I looked down, and I don't dare to look back up. I'm pretty sure Demi will notice how red I've gotten.

"Nick! Good to see you ,brother!" Joe came up to me and gave me one of those manly hugs where you half hug and half handshake at the same time. Ugh, I hate those hugs. "What are you doing here so early, and, whoa, is Selena around or did you and Selena do something naughty, if you know what I mean." Joe winked at me.

"What are you talking about?" I could still feel my cheeks burning.

"Dude, look at your boner. You had to have done something with Selena for it to get that big." Joe laughed, and I smacked him in the stomach.

"Shut up, Joe." I turned towards the beautiful girl still standing in the doorway. "I don't know what he's talking about, I swear." My cheeks burned again. "Does he always act this way?"

She smiled, "Some-sometimes." She bit her lip and looked down. She looked up through her hair and her cheeks had a slight pink color to them.

I turned back to Joe. "Aren't you going to introduce me," I say pointing to the angel.

"Oh, right. Nick, this is Demi. Demi, this is Nick."

I walked towards her and stick my hand out to shake the angel's hand, which name I now know as Demi. "It's nice to meet you."

She looked up from the ground and stuck her hand out to shake mine. "It's... it's uh... it's uh..."

"Nice to meet me, too." I finished her sentence for her. When our hands touch, that feeling went to, like, a billion times, like, more better. God, I bet she hates me though. I mean, look at how much she stumbles when she talks to me. Man, I'm a loser.

"Yeah, that's-that's what I meant. Thanks." She looked at the ground again. Ugh, Nick be smooth. No, Nick, you're just an epic fail at life. Nice, Nick, nice.

"Uh, Demi, I'm going to go finish getting ready. Show Nick to the living room." Joe walked up to Demi and pecked her on her lips. I don't know what came over me, but I wanted to punch him and beat the shit out of him, and ugh, all these emotions are confusing me. Demi grabbed my hand and led me to the living room.

"Here we are." She didn't let go of my hand. Hehehe, all these tingling feelings in my body are just ahhh. I intertwined our fingers and pulled her to the couch. I sat down and pulled her onto my lap where her legs are on each side on my body. "Uh, Nick, I don't think we should be doing this."

I pulled her even closer to where our faces are just inches apart. "I know, but I don't want to stop." My breathing became uneven and my heart was beating a million miles a minute. Just then, I heard jogging down the steps, and I pushed Demi off of me and stood up, just in time for Joe not to see us. Demi stood up quickly and hit me hard in the arm.

"Whoa, Demi, why did you hit Nick?" Joe made a puzzled face at her.

"We were, uh, playing tag. Yeah, that's it." Demi smiled innocently.

"In an intense way, I see." Joe chuckled.

"Yeah, it's funny to someone who isn't getting hit." I said, rubbing my arm.

"Joe, why don't we start this date now. Nick, aren't you missing someone?"

"Uh, yeah, my girlfriend, and I'll call her to tell her to meet us at the restaurant." Demi gave me a glare when I say girlfriend and clenches her teeth.

"Just go, please," she said through her gritted teeth.

"Yeah, whatever." And with that I walked out to the house and to my car. I called Selena's number. "Selena, meet us at the restaurant." Before she even has a chance to respond, I hung up the phone. This is going to be so much fun... not.