Chapter 5

Demi’s POV

I leaned up and my lips touched Nick’s. For a couple of seconds, we just squished our lips together. Getting caught up in the moment, my tongue traced his bottom lip. Soon after, Nick’s mouth parted open slightly and allowed my tongue in. It exploreed his mouth for only a couple of seconds because I realized what I was doing.

Oh my gosh, what am I doing? I pulled away and looked at Nick in shock. His eye lids fluttered open and, man, do I want to kiss him over and over again. No, I don’t because reality just settled in.

“I have to go,” I said, turning around. I ran out of his room and down the steps.

“Wait, Demi, where are you going?” Nick asked with a shocked expression on his face.

“Nick, do you realize what we just did? I kissed you, and I enjoyed it! I can’t do this! I just cheated on my boyfriend. Wow, I just… I just need to go.”

As I turned toward the door, Nick yelled something that I completely forgot about. “Demi, Joe isn’t innocent. He cheated on you, too. I bet you that if you go back to your house, his dick is going to not be in his pants.”

“And that’s also why I’m leaving!”

Nick ran down the steps and turned me around. “So you’re going to go for heartbreak! That’s it, huh? You kiss me, and we stop even seeing or looking each other’s way…” Nick’s voice came into a whisper. “I don’t want that to happen.”

“Nick, I met you today, and then I kissed you. I don’t know what came over me. Maybe it’s because I feel something different with you than I do with Joe. Please, I have to leave.” I turned around again and a tear ran down my cheek.

“But, why are you still going?” Nick’s voice was slightly shaky.

“Because I have to break up with my boyfriend.” And with that, I left.

Nick’s POV

Did she just say what I thought she said? Is she really breaking up with him? I can’t help but jump up and down and twirl in a couple of circles until I reached the couch in the living room. Her words echoed in my head.

‘Maybe it’s because I feel something different with you than I do with Joe.’

My heart fluttered at these words. How she made me feel so much better than Selena. Selena! Ugh, I completely forgot about her. Ew, what she did last night… I don’t even want to touch her or look at her for that matter.

I lied on the couch and watched TV. After about half an hour, Selena came barging in with her clothes messed up. She walked toward me and grabbed my hands, pulling me up to hug her.

“Oh, Nick, I know you want me. Just fucking take me away.” Selena sounded drunk, and she was woozy. She took my hand and placed it on her boob. I pulled it away quickly. “What, Nick? Don’t act like you don’t like it.” She took my hand again and placed it back on her boob.

I stepped back and walked away. “Selena, what the hell is wrong with you? I don’t want you! I don’t love you either!”

She stepped forward. “It doesn’t matter if you don’t love me. That’s why it’s called sex and not making love.” She stepped forward again, but I stepped back too far to where she couldn't reach me.

“Selena, I don’t love you nor with I ever. I’m breaking up with you. Get out of my house now.”

Selena looked at me shocked. “Did you just say you’re breaking up with me? You know what, no one ever breaks up with me! No one, so you know what? We’re through!”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Whatever, so get out of my house, and go with your whore. I really don’t care.”

Selena scoffed and walked out of the house, slamming the door on her way out. I sighed, relieved that I’ll never have to deal with her again. I sat on the couch, and my mind found its way back to Demi. Man, I wonder what’s taking her so long. I lied down on the couch and closed my eyes. My mind again went to Demi, and I fell asleep with her smile on my mind.