Chapter 21

"Oh," Nick's mother said, "then, Maid, take my bags and put them in my room."

I closed my mouth, clenching my jaw. I took a quick couple steps forward as Ms. Devil turned around. "Oh, I'll take your saggy bags alright."

Nick grabbed my shoulders, pulling me back. Turning me around, he looked into my eyes. "Dems, I'll talk to you later. Please, just go get them."

My eyes widening and my jaw dropping, I slapped Nick quickly and started down the stairs.

"Nick?" Grandma asks. "What was that?"

"Nick's balls getting chopped off," I mumbled.

"Nothing, Mother, I just tripped," Nick interjected.

"Oh, well, Nick," his mother walked to him, "I don't want you touching that thing. She could have a disease for all you know."

"Mom, she doesn't have a disease," he defended. "She's beautiful."

I smiled slightly, walking out of the house.

---

"Nick," my mother said, "maids aren't beautiful. They clean up after you. She probably takes your underwear and does stuff with it."

"Mom!"

"I'm serious. Don't trust her."

I rolled my eyes, pushing back a curl that fell in my face. "Whatever." I jogged down the stairs as I saw Demi stumble into the house with a thousand bags in her hands.

I reached out for a bag, trying to grab it. "Let me help you with that."

Scoffing, Demi jerked away from me, "No, I'm the maid, Sir," she spat. "I can do it."

"Dems," I protested, still trying to help her.

"No, Sir, don't," she said harshly, "and I told you to only, and I mean only, call me Ms. Lovato."

She scoffed, pushing her way past me, heading for the stairs.

"Hey, Ms. Lovato," I called out.

Stopping abruptly, Demi dropped all of the bags onto the staircase. She turned around annoyed. "What?" she asked bitterly.

I smirked, "I'll give you a raise if you give me one."

Rolling her eyes, she scoffed, turned around, and picked up the bags, heading to the guest room. "You're disgusting."

I sighed defeated.