Chapter 14

Nick’s POV

Did she just… use me? Did she really not love me? And what did Selena have to do with anything? She told me she loved me, and she just left me? She let me have her virginity, and now, she was just gone?

“Ugh!” I picked up a lamp and threw it across the room. It hit the wall and shattered to the ground. “I hate my life!”

I picked up a glass and threw it against the wall also. I could smell her faint flowery smell in this room, and I wanted to die. I ran out of the room and down to the kitchen. I looked through the cupboard and took out a glass. I turned around and went through the refrigerator.

“Hey, Jack.” I poured some Jack Daniels in the glass and chugged it down. “Ew, this is disgusting.” I threw the glass in the sink and left the whiskey bottle on the counter. I hated drinking but the numbing feeling it gives is what I need right now. I couldn't believe she just left me! I fucking loved her, and she just left like that!

I felt a knot in my throat, but I swallowed it down. I’m not going to cry over that… that… I wanted to say so many things about her, but I just can’t. I just… loved her so much.

Demi’s POV

I let loud sobs fill the quiet car. “I can’t believe what I did,” I said in whispers over and over again. I let everything go down the drain just like that. “I love you, Nick. I love you so much.” I choked out.

I parked in front of the familiar drive way and get out of my car. I walked slowly, trying to regain a composed stature. I walked up to the door and knocked on it slowly. It opened up, and he stood shocked. I looked at the ground.

“Demi?” he whispered. “What are you doing here? I thought I lost you forever.” I shook my head at what I was about to do. I looked up from the ground and threw my arms around his neck.

“I love you, Joe.” He closed the door behind us and took us up to our bedroom.

Nick’s POV

I woke up from a short nap from a nightmare I just had. Demi… slept with Joe. She could never, not even after what happened. She might have left me, but she would never go back to the guy

I took out my phone and called my brother. I got this gut wrenching feeling, and it was telling me to call Joe. I couldn’t believe what I was going to do. I picked up my phone and dialed Joe’s number. It rang a couple of times, and he picked up.

“Hello?” he asked happily.

“Joe, it’s Nick.”

I heard him chuckle. “Hey, babe, Demi, it’s Nick. I need to talk to him.” His voice came back to the phone. “So, what did you want to sa-.”

I hung up the phone before he could even finish. I couldn’t believe my nightmare was true. So, she wanted to play that way. She told me to go back to someone that loves me, then fine, I will. I picked up my phone again.

“Hello?”

“Selena, it’s Nick. Come over to my house now, please.”

The line went dead. I'm guessing she wanted to come over. Ten minutes later someone’s knocking on my door. I walked over to the door and opened it slowly.

I saw Selena wearing a bath robe. I knew what she was wearing under that, and I was pretty sure she wasn't wearing anything.

“Hey, Nicky, time to get it on?” she asked seductively.

I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around her waist and brought my lips to hers. I pulled her inside the house and closed the door behind us. I unwrapped her robe and let it drop to the floor. I couldn’t believe I was doing the one thing I swore I would never do. I always told myself I would have sex with someone I loved, not with someone just so I could get the pleasure from the act itself. Immediately my mind flickered to Demi. Just pretend it’s her, Nick.

“Let’s get this over with, Selena.” I took her up to our bedroom.