76

March 21, 2015

I started packing my purse with a few items then grabbed my keys and phone. I was going to a small brunch party and Cathy was attending since we haven't seen each other in awhile. I started driving when someone began calling my phone, Bluetooth was hooked up so I pressed answer and Matt's voice boomed through my car, "Jas! Just checking and making sure you're heading to that brunch." I laughed, "Yes I am Matthew." He laughed too, "Good Good, now I have to go tell me how it goes later?" I told him I would then we hung up. I still had longer to drive so I just listened to music.

As I walked up, Cathy was already seated.

She spots me and smiles, "Jas, Hiii!" I smile at her then sit, "I'm so late. I got a call from Matt and I answered it.." I laugh. She chuckles at me, "Really, damn what about?".

"He was making sure I actually got out of bed to come to this." I gesture to all the decorations.  while rolling my eyes laughing. 

She laughs, "Well it wouldn't be complete without you here so I'm glad you showed up."  

I nodded, "So am I. All the hiding from Cameron has really made my head hurt," I laugh, "You know I ran into his ex-girlfriend at that St. Patricks Day party?" She raises an eyebrow, "The hell? How did that go?" I look to my food, "Not so good... When she walked in I could tell I have seen her somewhere." I sip my drink, "Then it clicked, she is in charge of a fan account that gave me hate. I had to get out of there once I realized." 

She shakes her head and sighs, taking a bite of her food, "Does Cam know she was there?"

"I haven't spoken to him... I've been ghosting him a bit." I knew it was horrible of me to do that to him since he cared so much but I knew I had to do this for me. "I know I should call him or something." She nods and sips the last of her drink, "I think you should." The waiter pours her another and she smiles at him. I roll my eyes and laugh, "She was such a bitch." 

Her nose scrunches and she eyes me, "What'd she do or say?"

"It was more her tone, like semi-nice things but just with the bitchiest tone." I laugh at myself, "If that makes any sense."

She nods again as she listens, "It does, but damn. Should've swung at that bitch when you had the chance." She sighs crossing her arms. I laugh and shrug, "Ugh you're telling me. But his whole family was there." 

She shakes her head then pauses, "Wait, why was she there though?" I furrow my brows then finish off my drink before responding, "I guess her parents are close with Cam's mom, and then she was invited." She looks over at me, trying to comprehend, "That's pretty wild though." 

My head looks back to my glass while the champagne is being poured, "I kinda wish I was informed like way beforehand."

"Yeah I don't blame you at all. Kinda fucked they didn't tell you." She shrugs and shakes her head.

I nodded in agreement.