Chapter 14

Rumple's POV

She sat down about a foot away, "Is this the same book you where reading earlier?"

"Yes dearie. Why do you ask?"

"You are only on chapter two. I thought you read faster then that." She laughed.

"I guess I'm just having trouble."

"Because of me?" She put her hand on the couch in between us.

"Well, currently. Yes."

"I miss it here." She changed the subject.

"You can come by anytime." I offered.

She looked away from me, "No I can't." She mumbled.

"Why not?"

"I just can't."

"You can tell me anything dear."

Jefferson's POV

I came down the stairs and saw y/n sitting on the couch with Gold. I took a couple steps back up the stairs so I could listen, but they wouldn't see me.

"Rumple, I really can't." She looked like she was about to cry.

"Just tell me. I'll fix whatever it is."

"Rumple. How can you not see it. I love you. That's why I moved out. You are with Belle. You are getting married! What is wrong with me!?"

I was done walked downstairs. "Y/N, you ready to leave?"

She nodded. He whispered something, and then she got up and walked over to me. We left the shop.

Your POV

Be careful dearie. I'm a difficult man to love.

Rumple whispered it to me right before we left.

"We need to talk about what I heard back there." Jefferson's voice brought me back to the present.

"What are you talking about?" I asked innocently, even thought my heart was ponding out of my chest.

He stopped and looked in my eyes, "Y/N you know exactly what I'm taking about. You and Gold. It's none of my business who you date, but if you are interested in other guys then we can't be a thing."

Wow, that was blunt, "I'm sorry Jefferson." I started to cry.

"Don't do this. We both know you rather be with him anyway!" He began to yell.

I wiped the tears from my face. "Bye, I guess." I walked away.

Jefferson definitely knew what was good for him. He was just trying to do right by us, and his daughter. I couldn't blame him for not wanting to be involved with a girl who was loved in another man.

I decided to go to Granny's, and have a post break up chat with Ruby. When I got there I sat at the bar.

When Ruby saw me she said something to Granny. Then She came and sat with me.

"What's the matter?" She asked.

I turned to look at her, "Aren't you working."

"Nah, I'm on break." She smiled, jumping up on

"Okay, so Jefferson and I where walking when it started to storm. He randomly picked a shop to go in, because, ya know, lighting."

She laughed a bit.

Then i heard the door open. I glanced to see who it was; Rumple and Belle! Of course it was! I quickly looked back at Ruby.

"Oh my gosh. It wasn't the pawn shop, was it?" She asked.

"Yah. Of course it was. Anyway, Jefferson had gone upstairs to use the bathroom."

"You where alone with him?"

"I told him how I felt. It was soooooooooo stupid."

"What did he say?"

"No. It gets better. Jefferson heard. So, we left. He acted like he didn't hear though."

I heard a phone ring and turned around to see Belle getting her phone out of her purse. She smiled at Rumple, and then she went to the back hallway.

"So, anyway back to my story." I continued, "On my way out Gold told me to be careful, and that he was a hard man to love."

"What the heck does that even mean?"

"I know right. So, Jefferson and I got out side. He told me he couldn't be in a relationship with someone who was into another guy. So, that's over." A tear rolled down my face.

"Hey, it's ok. I'll find you another man." She our her hand on my shoulder.

Then I heard heavy stomping. I turned around again. Belle walked up to Rumple. "So, that was Jefferson!" She started.

Ruby and I looked at each other. We shared a look of complete horror.

Belle slipped her engagement ring off her finger and walked over to ME! "Here, he probably wants to to have this." She sat the ring down on the counter next to me.