Chapter 41

We sat down at Granny's, in our booth. I looked over and saw Ruby, Abby, and Addy over behind the counter. I waved, and Ruby waved back, before disappearing into the kitchen. Then I started thinking.

I felt a bit of pride swell up in me, as the thought that I once had power that threatened Rumple. Rumplestiltskin, the most powerful Dark One to ever live, had been threatened by me. There was that one wired thing though, I don't have that power anymore.

Ruby sat down our usual in front of us. Rumple glared at her, "Excuse me miss Lucas, but I do believe we are paying you to serve us what we order. Not what you deem necessary."

"Sorry, you two get the same thing everyday."

"It's fine Ruby." I tried to make her feel better about her choice. Honestly, she didn't look like she cared.

"Thanks." She smiled and walked over to another customer.

Rumple prayed over our food, and we started on our food. He was having a fine time, but I couldn't eat. My stomach was still uneasy from throwing up so many times.

I pulled the ring box out of my pocket, and set it on the table. I popped it open, and sure enough, there it was. A clear bean. A magic bean.

"It would be best if you closed that." Rumple motioned to the box. "If anyone saw it, who knows what they would do."

I nodded, and did as he told me. "So, when are we leaving?"

"Whenever you wish, my dear."

I swallowed, "Okay."

That was the end of the conversation. That was it. After our meal he had to go to the shop, and he took the twins. I went to see the sharif.

I walked into the sharif's station and called, "Emma, ya here?"

"Yeah, y/n. I'm back here." She sounded a bit testy. I didn't know if something had happened, or if she just didn't like me, still.

I walked into the room I had heard her in, and immediately spotted her. "Hey, um. I was wondering about magic beans."

"Yeah, what about." She sat down at her desk, and motioned to the seat on the other side.

I sat down, "I remember, when we went back to the Enchanted Forest, Regina talking about wanting to plant the bean we used. Then someone said something was wrong with the bean."

"Yeah, I'm not sure what was wrong with it. You  will need to talk to Regina, or maybe Gold." She leaned back in her chair.

"No, no. I mean, what if I had another bean. It's enchanted though. Would it still work?"

"Yes, do you have this bean on you?"

I reached into my pocket and pulled out the ring box. I popped it open and showed her. She gasped. "You said it was enchanted?"

"Yeah, to take me a specific place."

"If you were to plant it, you wouldn't get to use it."

I took a deep breath, "I didn't think so. I'm going home now." I stood up and walked away. I really wanted to help everyone, but what if I never get my parents, no my kingdom.

I just decided to go back to Rumple's shop. I walked in a hopped up on the counter. "Hey, Rumple."

He was sitting in a chair a few feet away from me. He looked up from the artifacts he was working on, "Hello, dear. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. Were are the girls?"

"Upstairs. I put them down for a nap."

I nodded, "And what are you doing?"

"I'm about to take this down to Jefferson." He lifted up the thing in his hand. It was some kind of fancy needle. He stood up and walked over to me, placing his hand on my leg. "You do know, I make enough money for you to buy jeans without holes."

I laughed, "I'm aware."

"Well, I'm headed out. Will you do me the honer of watching over my shop wile I am out... Mrs. Gold?"

The way he called me that gave me shivers, "Of course Mr. Gold."

He smiled and nodded. He walked over to the door and pulled it open, "Good day, Mrs. Gold. I will see you soon. I love you."

"I love you too."

Then he stepped out the door. I watched, through the shop windows, as he made his way down the side walk to his car.

I looked around the empty shop. I worked in the shop all the time, but this was the first time I was alone. It didn't take very long before someone came in.

It was Pan. After Rumple defeat him, somehow someone managed to bring him back. It made me so mad. I couldn't stand the boy, but it was better for me to deal with him then Rumple. "Good after Malcolm. What can I get ya?"

"You and I both know, I don't hobby that name anymore." Pan smirked, and slowly made his way to the front counter, that I stood behind.

"What do you want?"

"I need to see my son." He planted his hands on the counter across from me.

"He's out right now. I'm sure I can help with whatever it is you want." I crossed my arms.

"No, no, no. I need to see Rumplestiltskin. No his pathetic wife." He turned around and walked half way to the door.

"Excuse me! What did you just call me!?"

"You are not an equal to him." He turned around, "You have no power, no magic, you are practically a child."

"You area child!"

"In one way you are an equal though." He laughed, "The same temper."

I picked up the first thing I could grab, "Yes I do!" I threw it at him. It hit him right in the head and he fell to the floor.

A/N It's my birthday! So, I will be writing a birthday special in my book: Rumplestiltskin shorts (clean) so go check that out! Thank you all. 😘