Chapter 44

I woke up late the next morning. Rumple wasn't in bed, as usual when I got up. When I got downstairs I noticed his cane was gone from it's normal stop, by the fount door. He had already left for work.

I went into the living room, and found Bealfire on the couch. "Hey, um, we need to talk."

I nodded, and sat down on the couch with him. "Yeah," I scoffed, "ya think?"

"Please don't." He looked over at me.

I stared strait ahead, avoiding eye contact. "Neal, I can't believe you didn't tell me. I though that you would have told me something as important as this. Your father it The Dark One."

"Y/N, I'm sorry."

I quickly turned to look at him, "You told me you didn't know your family. You lied to me! I trusted you, and you lied. I didn't trust anyone."

"You were broken and hurting. I didn't want to drive you away." He moved a bit closer, "What would you have done if I said, 'Oh, by the way, your children are going to be grandchildren of The Dark One.'?"

"I don't know Neal.. Bealfire. I do know it would have been okay. Obviously, since I married him." I turned towards him a little bit, "He doesn't scare me."

"Yeah, how did he get you to go through with the wedding anyway? I never could." He layer his hand on my shoulder.

"I didn't have true love with you, but I did with him. I new it was right."

"What about Belle?" He brought his hand back to his lap.

"They had true love once. Not anymore."I could feel myself tearing up at the thought of her.

"I see. Is she still around?" I nodded. "Well, are we going to tell him?"

"Yes! He may have his this," I motioned to him, "from me, but I'm not hiding anything from him."

Bealfire nodded, "I assumed you would think that. I'm going now." He stood up, "I need to see my kid."

Anger burned inside me, "You didn't tell me about him either."

"I didn't know." With that he left.

I went back and pick up the phone. I called Regina to see if she could think of any good nannies. I called one and she came right over.

When she arrived I went to my room and found the ring. The one Bealfire had proposed with. I was going to sell it.

I went down to 'Gold's Pawn Shop'. It seemed like a good idea to me. I would get rid of it, and I could tell Rumple.

I swung open the door, the bell gave a little chime, and I made my way to the fount counter.

"What do I owe the pleasure?" My wonderful husband smiled as his deep brown eyes made contact with mine.

"I need to sell something. I think it's vintage." I smiled, pulling out my purse.

He grinned, "And what might that be?"

I pulled out the old looking ring. It wasn't much, just a simple silver band, with a small diamond. Bealfire had told me it was the only thing he had left from his mother. It meant the world to me at the time.

I slid it across the counter, and Rumple caught it under his palm. He slowly picked it up and looked at it. His face went pail as a ghost, "Where did you get this!" He slammed his hand, with the ring, onto the counter. "It was lost on the way here!"

"Neal.. Bealfire gave it to me." I smiled.

"What?"

"Before, after Emma, but before he came her I knew Neal. He gave this to me as a promise."

"A promise.. of what?"

"I thought I was in love with him. I thought it was true love. Turns out I was wrong." I smiled at him.

His expression softened, "I suppose you were. Domes he know who you are?"

"Yes, but don't worry. It's over." I walked around the counter. "I love you. I don't want you to feel threatened by him. He's my step son now." I hugged him tightly

I laughed, and he gave a softy chuckle, "You are correct."

"Now, I want you to have Mila's ring. I don't care what you do with it." I stepped back, and grabbed his hand that the ring was in, "This is a symbol that we both have pasts, but we won't let each other's pasts get in the way of our relationship." He nodded. A tear slid down my face. "I will love you forever dearie."

"And I, you." He pulled me back into a hug.

A/N Guys, this is important. I'm thinking about ending this book! I need to know your thoughts on it. If you don't want me to end it then I won't. If you do I want to know when I should stop. Do you want a BIG, dramatic final chapter. Is this a good last chapter. What do you want!? 😂 Also, if want to see anything happen in this, or another book of mine, let me know. I love fan input on my works, wither that reviewing a book, telling me what you would have done, or just telling me what you want me to do. Thank you for reading all that. I love you all! Thank you for being awesome fans!