Chapter 29

Everyone was silent and staring. Rumple completely ignored them. I love how he can just tune the world out, and just not care. I admire him to say the least.

We sat down in our booth. Oh, how I missed sitting in my spot and watching him.

Ruby walked up and sat down next to me. "Gold! Your awake."

"Yes dearie. Please just take our orders. I'm on a strict schedule." He demanded. Normally I would ask him to be nice, at least to Ruby, but he was just so... him. I just smiled.

"K Gold. What can I get ya?" She stayed next to me and took our orders. When she was done she leaned over to me and whispered in my ear, "You two are so cute. I've never seen you blush this much ever."I knew my face was only getting darker and a shoved her. "I'll be right back with your food guys."

She left and we where alone again. Well, not really, because everyone was still watching us. I got up and sat next to him. "Everyone is looking." I whispered.

"Is that bothering you dear?"

"A bit, but I don't want to leave."

He leaned forward a bit and looked past me, "I'm on a date. If you all would please go back to your meals, that would be wonderful."

Slowly everyone looked away. I lay my head on his shoulder. "I love you."

"And I, you." He put his arm around me.

Soon Ruby came with our food. We ate then left. Many people stopped us to ask questions, but he just blew them off. According to him, today was our day, and he intended on spending it with me with no distractions.

We went to the park for a walk. It was a not day, but the breeze was perfect. He took my hand, and we slowly started down one of the many paths.

It led back through the woods. We where slowly making our way down the path, taking in the beautifully, when something touched my foot.

I jump knocking Rumple back a bit, but he never fell. He always has had way more coordination then me, another thing I loved about him. He was always so grateful.

"What's the matter dear?" He looked at me confused.

I had tripped over something, probably my own feet, and was not on the ground. I scrambled to me feet, and pointed to the snake in the middle of the path. It had just stopped in front of us.

"Oh, dear, it's only a snake."

"Only!"

He raised his hand and it disappeared from the path. "See, it's nothing."

I went up and took his hand and we continued our walk. I knew I really shouldn't be afraid of anything with him by my side. I laughed a bit to myself. "Thank you."

He nodded.

"I'm sorry."

Rumple stopped and looked at me for a long moment, "It's no bother." Then he continued walking.

When we were finished with the trail we went back to his house.