Chapter 27

Emma follow close behind. She pushed Killian out of the way and pulled me inside. She sat me down on the couch and told him to get me a glass of water.

"So, your driving his car again?" She was referring to the fact that I had driven it everywhere, constantly, after he fell asleep, but I had stopped after a couple months. It brought back too many memories.

"Yah, I saw him today."

"I know. I heard you went and saw him today. How are you doing now?"

"No, like I saw him. He came to his house and talked with me. He told me to come and find you. You need to know that Sandy is back!"

She looked at me like I was a lost puppy.

"I'm telling you the truth!" I begged for her to believe me.

Killian came back with my water, "May I ask love, why is there dried blood on your face?"

Proof! "He had a cut under his eye! It's his blood. When he kissed.. me..." I brought my fingers to my lips by pure instinct. "I kissed him for the first time in three years." I laughed.

"How about I take you down to the station. We can swab the blood. Then I can show you that it isn't his blood. You brought just go a cut somewhere and got it on your face."

I agreed to go. She would have to believe me if it came back as his blood.

When we got there Regina was waiting on us. She was going to help with the magic part of it, so we could have results now.

I sat down on a bench and Emma swabbed my cheek. The she put the stick in a vile with a clear liquid in it.

She looked at Regina, "Now his DNA."

Regina pulled a hair brush out of her bag. She took a hair from it and handed it to Emma, "Here."

"Why do you have his hair brush!?" I asked angrily.

"He was my... best friend. Believe it or not, other people where hurt too when he... left!"

Emma just raised an eyebrow. Then she explained, "If the liquid turns pink it's someone else's blood. If it turns green, it's his." She dropped the hair in it.

It turned green! "I told you! He was there! He was awake!"

Emma looked at Regina for an answer. She gave her one, "Do it again!"

Emma redid it. Green again

"I told y'all, I'm not crazy!" They both gaped at me. "Now what?"

"We have to find him!" Regina answered.

"Okay, why doubt you three get some sleep. It's like four a.m. I will do my job. You two have been through a lot." Emma smiled.

"No. I want to help!" I demanded.

"You won't be any help half asleep."

Regina nodded in agreement. She was obviously missing Rumple too.

"I-I can't." I admitted.

"Why not?" Emma asked.

"I-I'm afraid. Being alone, with Sandy back." I started to cry.

"I'll go stay with you. Maybe we can both get some sleep." Emma and I both looked with surprise at Regina. "Emma, just do your job. We will head back to Gold's place, and we will meet you back here tomorrow. I'll just text you when we are both ready to come back to... this."

"Are you okay with this y/n?" Emma looked at me.

"Yah, it sounds fine."

"Okay, I'll see you two later." She smiled, "Get some sleep."

Regina walked out to his car with me. I got in the driver's side and she walked over to the passengers. She didn't get in though. She just looked at the door.

I reached over and opened the door, "Are you coming?"

She sat down and closed the door behind her. She was crying, "It's just that I have sat here so many times, but every time he was sitting there."

"That's why I only drive." I whispered as I turned the key.

We drove home in silence.

"Are you going to stay in my room?" I asked her.

"Yah, it can be like a sleep over." She tried to smile.

I nodded and we went upstairs. I went to the bathroom connected to the master bedroom, and she went to the one across the hall from my room.

When I was ready for bed I walked into his room and looked around. Nothing had been moved since he was here three years ago. I took a deep breath and went back to my room. Regina was already there sitting on the bed.

"Do you have everything you need?" I asked politely.

"Yah, I just poofed everything here, and I told Henry I had work to do. So, everything is taken care of."

I nodded and sat on the bed next to her. We where both silently crying. "I miss him a lot."

She nodded, "Me too." She was barely audible. She just stared at the door, "Do you think he will come back tonight?"

"I hope so."

That's how we spent all night watching the door. Waiting for him.

I looked over at her after what seemed like only minutes, "What time is it?"

She pulled out her phone, "11."

"Let's go downstairs and get some coffee and something to eat. We can stay here if you want."

She nodded and we went downstairs. We both sat at the bar sipping our coffee when I heard the door creep open.