Chapter 24

Sandy's 'unless your him' comment scared me. What did that mean.

"I'll be fine dearie." I looked at him. He was back to his normal self.

She laughed. "I think you are forgetting that I've been in your dreams before."

He had an expression on his face that scared me a bit. He looked nervous, afraid, no it was vulnerability.

"Why don't we just keep going." I suggested.

We kept walking through the small village. It was so quiet. There was no noise other then the sound of their breathing, foot steps, and the occasional winey of a horse.

We slowly came to a house. It was small and had a straw roof. There was no way around it. We had to go in. I turned to Rumple. He obviously knew this. He looked worried.

"Come on. Let's get this over with." Sandy wined.

I grabbed Rumple's hand. He looked at me and I nodded, "We can do this."

He swallowed and nodded back. It was hard seeing him like this. It must have been hard for him being like that.

He reached up and slowly opened the door slowly. We stepped into a poorly lit, small room. There was a table and a few other things. There was also another section to the hut that appeared to be a bed room. Sandy stepped in after us, and just leaned against the wall, watching what was going down.

Everyone focused on a small boy in the middle of the room. He looked up at Rumple like they where the only two in the room, completely ignoring Sandy and I. A single tear streamed down his face.

"Papa?"

Rumple was crying as well, "Bae." He walked up and knelt down placing his hand on the boys face.

"Why did you leave me papa?"

"I didn't."

I glowing green hole opened up in the floor under the boy. He started to fall, but Rumple caught him by him wrist."

"Goodbye papa." The boy slipped from Rumple's grip and fell into the hole and it closed up after him.

Rumple was on his hands a knees crying, "I will find you Bealfire."

I stepped in front of him and knelt down. I helped him sit back up and wrapped my arms around him. "It's okay."

"Okay, get up. We need to keep going." Sandy told us.

I was very annoyed by her insensitive comment, but I kept my mouth shut. Rumple got to his feet and we continued. I wanted to ask about the boy, but he seemed upset enough.

We slowly approach a tavern there were only two people inside. A beautiful woman with brown hair, that I had never seen before, and a man I recognized from town. I think he was a pirate, and Emma's boy friend. Honesty I'm not sure.

I looked over and Rumple who was also staring through the window at them. He looked mad now. "Who is that?" I asked slowly.

"Milah. She was my wife."

I wasn't sure if I should ask the next question, but my curiosity got the best of me, "What happened?"

"I killed her." The words where cold and heartless.

"Y-you what?"

The dream world many years ago
Rumple's POV

Sandy grabbed my hand, "Come on. You haven't seen anything yet. It's brilliant here."

I took her hand and she led my down the stairs and outside. The grass was very green and the trees cast huge shadows.

She grabbed a hand full of sand from her pack and threw it on the ground. In the spots where the sand landed the most radiant flowers I had ever seen popped up.

"You couldn't think of anything better then flowers?" I mocked.

She plucked one from the ground and smelled it. Then she turned to me, "Smell it." I leaned closer to the flower. She immediately shook it and the pollen from the rather large flower. I sneezed a couple times. She was laughing. The pollen was all over me.

I looked at her with a fake angry look on my face. She screamed and ran. I lifted my hand and she appeared right I front of me. I grabbed her wrist, "Great!" I giggled, "My magic works!"

"Everywhere but your dream world." She answered with a smile.

"Dream world?"

"Every person, or almost person," she looked me over mocking, "has his or her own dream world. It only existence when they are asleep, but as long as they are asleep I can travel the dream worlds."

"I will still dream here!?"

"Yah. I know they get kinda hard sometimes, you nightmares I mean."

I suddenly felt see through. She could see every little detail about me. She had seen my dreams, or nightmares rather. "Oh dearie. You think a little dream can slow me down?" I gave a high pitched laugh.

"I know sometimes you don't sleep for days after one." Her face was filled with compassion.

"I'm that Dark One dearie. I don't need sleep."

"Just because you say it doesn't make it true."