Chapter 20

Rumple handed me a wet rag. "Gently now." I dabbed it on the bloody spot on the back of my head.

"Oh, your suit. It's bloody. I'm so sorry." I apologized.

"Nothing to be sorry for. Now I am going to send you home now. I'm going to meet the others at the sharifs station."

"No. I'm going with you." I demanded.

"I don't think that is such a good idea dear." He gave a half smile.

"Why not?"

"Not to mention the danger, Belle will be there. She doesn't want to see me, let alone us."

"Come on Rumple. Please! I can help." I begged.

He pressed his lips and took a deep breath. "Fine."

He waved his hand and we where in the sharifs station along with the rest of the team: Snow White, Prince Charming, Emma, Hook, Regina, and Belle. "Okay, I'm here." Rumple announced his arrival.

"What took so long?" Charming questioned. "And why is there blood on your suit?"

"We had a minor setback. Can we just get on with it?" He rolled his eyes.

"What is she doing here?" Emma pointed to me. She was good friends with Belle.

"Is there a problem miss. Swan?" Rumple glared at her.

"Yes!" She snapped.

"What, your boyfriend is aloud to follow you around, but.."

Hook cut him off, "Don't bring me into this crocodile!"

Rumple looked like he was about to kill someone, "You know what pirate?"

"Hey, hey, hey! We won't get anywhere fighting each other!" Charming interrupted.

"Can we just get back to this." Emma asked.

"Yes." Rumple sneered, "What's going on anyway?"

"There was some kind of magic surge. I assume it wasn't you." Regina spoke up.

"No. And you?" Rumple replied.

"No!"

"It would have taken someone very strong to have that much magic. If I didn't do it and neither did you." Rumple shook his head, "There must be someone new in town." He put both hands on his cane, leaning on it.

They started talking about who it could be, and other things like that, but I tuned out. I looked over at Belle. She was watching Rumple's every move with interest.

It made me mad. She left him! It was her choice! "Back off." I muttered

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" Rumple asked. Everyone looked at me.

"I was just... thinking." I answered.

"You mind sharing?" Belle asked.

I bit my lip nervously. It was obviously taken the wrong way though. Regina rolled her eyes and turned around. Belle smirked.

I was starting to get mad, "If you just have to know, I said back off!"

"What?" Emma asked.

"Belle. Stop looking at him like that!" Inside I was screaming, 'You hurt him! You hurt him so bad!'

"Excuse me!?" She yelled back. She took a couple steps towards me.