Chapter 21

"Let me think about that. No!" I laughed. "Why do you want my dagger anyway."

"The new villain in town, she's dangerous. I have to protect Henry."

"He's my grandson. I will do everything I can to keep him safe. You know that!" I was confused.

"I can't take that chance Gold. Now, where is the dagger!" Shejammed her knee into my bad one.

I yelled in agony. "I will never tell you!"

"Yes you will!" She held out her hand and a syringe with a needle appeared in her and. I tied pushing her away, but she hit my knee again. I fell to the ground, and she stuck the needle into my arm.

"What was that!?" I pulled myself back up using the table.

"Truth serum." She blurted. "But don't worry. I'm only using it to get the dagger. Then I'm leaving. Where is the dagger?"

I told her everything. Soon after she left the cuff disappeared. I assumed she found it. What if she made me do something? What if she made me hurt someone? What if I hurt y/n?

Your POV

"I'm back. I brought breakfast. I cooked and everything!" I yelled walking into the shop.

He walked out of the back room. "Why don't you go have breakfast with you parents. I'm fine here." His tone was funny. Kinda harsh.

"No, I want to eat with you. I miss you." I smiled walking up to the counter. He stood on the other side.

"Go. Please." He looked and sounded angry.

"Please, just a meal. Then I'll leave you to your work." I said kindly.

"I said no!" He snapped.

"What is going with you?" I asked.

"Go!"

"Not until you tell me what's wrong!" I yelled at him.

He picked up a cup off the counter and threw it at me. I ducked and it missed me, but my parents had walked in just in time to see him throw it.

"Okay, we are going." I admitted defeat. My parents and I went back to Granny's. I had dropped the food I brought.

When we got there we ordered. Then my dad asked the question I had been avoiding. "So, did he give you that?" He motioned to my black eye.

"No." I answered simply.

"What was the fight about?"

"He's just very stressed, with the new villain and all."

"I'm going to the restroom." My mom stood up and left.

"It's just us baby girl." My dad looked into my eyes, "Is he abusing you? You can tell me. Your mom and I, we can get out of town. He can't hurt you there."

"No dad, he's not." I insisted.

He pressed his lips. "How did you get that black eye then?"

My mom came back and sat down, and Belle walked in. "Um, I got punched." I told them.

"By who?!" My mom questioned.

"Belle." I muttered.

"Gold's ex fiancé?" Dad asked concerned.

"Yah."

My parents looked over at her. My dad looked back at me. "Did you give her that busted lip?"

I looked over at her, "Huh, I guess I did."

My dad smiled, and mom hit him, "We shouldn't encourage fighting. It obvious Gold does enough of that."

"Mom! He's not usually like that."

Ruby walked up with our food and sat it in front of us. "He said to give this to you." She smiled handing be a rolled up piece of paper tied in place by a red ribbon.

"Rumple?" I asked blushing.

"Yah. Who else." She walked back to the kitchen.

I pulled the ribbon and help the note up so my parents couldn't see it.

Dearest y/n

      My apologies about my behavior this morning. I need you to stay away for a bit. Regina obtained my dagger last night. She can control me with it, and I fear for your safety, along with everyone else. I just don't want to hurt you.

               Love, Rumplestiltskin

My face went to pure fear. Not for myself, for Rumple. I looked over and saw Regina at the bar. I knew I couldn't take her with her magic.

"Are you okay?" My mom brought me out of the thoughts, "What did the letter say?"

"Just that he's sorry, and that he loves me." I smiled.

I dad grunted in disapproval, and glared at the note.

"Dad, I warned you about his temper when you first got here. I can handle it. He's not hurting me."

"Oh, is he bipolar?" My mom asked.

"I'm afraid it's a bit more complicated." I laughed at how much I sounded like him.

"Would you like to elaborate?" Dad asked.

"Um, when we get home." I answered knowing they wouldn't let up.

We finished our food and they came back to my apartment with me. The moment we walked in the door they started asking me to tell them about Rumple.

"You may want to sit down for this." I suggested.

They sat down, and the I continued, "Well, you know that he's the Dark One." The nodded. "There area few strings attached to his magic. The way he explains it is like, there's another person inside his body telling him what to do. He does his best, but he has been giving into the darkness for hundreds of years. No one should expect him to just be able to control it all of the sudden."

"Okay, that's... something." My mom commented.

"Also, there is one other thing. The dagger, if you have it you can control him. He keeps it pretty well hidden, but someone else has it now."

"Are you sure he is safe for you?" My dad asked.