Baby

This was requested by mazerunningwolfie I hope you like it 😉

Newt POV

I quickly ran to the nest as I heard the cracking of a shell. Another occamy had hatched. It yawned and crawled into my open arms.
"Hello there," I coed. "I'm gonna call you Y/n." I sat the creature down and went to tell Jason the good news.
"Come on, you've got to see this." I said as I dragged him into my case. When we got to the nest, my heart stopped. There were only five occamies now, Y/n had gotten out.
"Calm down, Newt. We'll find the little beast." Jacob said as he saw my terrified expression.
We ran through the streets of New York. Tina and Queenie were searching Central Park while Jacob and I looked through the city. My heart was beating loudly, tears brimmed in my eyes.
"I can't believe I've lost her already." My voice cracked as I thought of the little creature that was now all on her own in a big city.
"She can't have gone that far, we just need to keep searching." I bumped into Jason when he suddenly stopped in front of a pet store.
"Look." He said, pointing at a small puppy. I didn't get what he meant until I saw a blue snake birdy curled around the dog's paws. I sprinted into the store, quickly putting Y/n in my pocket. The dog whined and stared at me with sad eyes. I gulped as I saw the heartbreaking expression.

*    *    *
                  I sighed happily, putting Y/n back in the nest.
"Calm down, Remus. Y/n has to rest before she can play with you." I sad as I patted the little fur ball on his head. He barked excitedly before running of towards Dougal.