Late nights

You sighed as you rolled over once again. No matter how hard you tried, you just couldn't fall asleep. After tossing and turning for hours you silently got up and slipped out of the room. With your book tightly pressed against your chest you made your way to the common room.
To your surprise there was already sitting someone on the couch in front of the fire. A boy with curly auburn hair. He looked up as he heard you come down the stairs, blushing when you made eye contact.
"I'm sorry," you said. "I didn't think anyone would be up this late."
"I-I couldn't sleep." He answered so quietly you almost didn't hear him.
"Well do you mind if I join you?" He seemed shocked at your question but nodded nonetheless.
"No, not at all. What are you reading?" His curious gaze traveled over the cover of your book as you sat down.
"Oh it's a book about magical creatures. I just find them so extremely interesting. Honestly it's a shame they're so misunderstood." Sadness was evident in your eyes as you thought about those beautiful beasts.
"Wait you're interested in creatures?" He asked awestruck. You nodded with a slight smile, his face instantly lighting up. "Alright wait here, I want to show you something."
You watched him disappear to the boy's dorm, only to come back a few minutes later with his hands closed around something green. As he came closer you instantly recognised the little critter.
"Merlin's beard, is that a bowtruckle?" The stick like creature carefully peaked at you from behind the boy's thumb, glancing up at him as if to ask permission to come closer.
"I found him a couple weeks ago, he refuses to leave my side now. I've yet to come up with a name though."
You slowly reached out your hand in an attempt to pet the bowtruckle, it backed away at first but with a little push  from his friend it attached himself to your thumb.
"What about Pickett?" You asked, finally looking up from the tiny beast.
"Pickett..." the boy repeated to himself. "Yes Pickett, I like that."
"What about you?"
"I'm sorry me?"
"What's your name?"
"Oh I'm Newt. Newt Scamander."
"Well Newt Scamander, I'm Y/n Y/l/n." You said shaking his hand. "How would you feel to go looking for some fantastic beasts with me?"
Newt smiled, and for the first time that evening he actually held eye contact with you.
"I would like that. And I do believe I know just where to find them."

Ayeee I'm finally back, took me long enough. Should I do a part two of this or was one part bad enough?
On a different note, I just stared a cosplay account on insta, it's darling_cosplay if you wanna check it out!
Requests are still open so if you want a story just message me and we'll make it happen ;)