Returning Home

The rest of the day went by slowly for the pony princess. She had to hide in the bushes outside from the students and principal Cinch until the final bell let out.

The students flooded out of the school. Each student either talking to each other or glaring at Twilight as she emerged from the bushes.

Where are you Sun Burst? Twilight thought to herself. She looked past the glares of passing students and deeper into her surroundings.

A flash of sunny orange hair could be seen making it's way towards Twilight.

"Sun Burst!" Twilight shouted out. She waved her hands in the air, smiling despise the grunts she got.

"Hey..... Are you ready? I don't have much time."

Twilight nodded quickly. She grabbed Sun Burst's wrists and dragged him towards Canterlot High.

______________________________

"Starlight! You don't know what it's like to have your heart broken!"

School had been let out for CHS an hour after CPA. Twilight and Sun Burst had managed to make it to Canterlot High just in time to see Starlight. Unfortunately for Twilight, her plans of reuniting Sun Burst and Starlight wasn't as easy to do. As soon as the two saw each other they had begun fighting. The fighting had gotten so bad to where the princess had to move them away from the other students. Now the three of them were in the CHS gym.

"No Sun Burst - you don't understand what it's like to have your heart broken! I waited for the day that you would come back for me! But, you never bothered to come back! Ever since then I've been so afraid to make new friends for fear of falling in love with them and losing them!" Star Glimmer screamed. She was in tears, her hands now covered her eyes.

Both Twilight and Sun Burst exchanged a worried glance.

"I'm so sorry.... I had no idea." An orange hand was placed on Starlight's shoulder.

"Would you be interested in starting over? I'll even transfer to Canterlot High just for you."

Starlight stared at Sun Burst in complete shock. She had removed her hands from her eyes to look into Sun Burst's eyes.

"But your an honours student! Why would you give up that for me?"

"Because your were always my only true friend."

Starlight embraced Sun Burst in a tight hug. After all these years she was finally getting her friend back.

"Thank you Twilight." Starlight said into her hug with Sun Burst.

The pony princess nodded to herself as she left the two reunited friends in the gym.

A feeling of accomplishment followed Twilight as she walked through the halls of Canterlot High.

I know I said that I'd stay longer, but I really have no business staying her now. Twilight thought to herself

The princess continued to walk towards the entrance of the school. One thing remained on her mind as she exited the doors.

Should I tell them about seeing Aria at CPA? She doesn't seem to have her pendant, so she's only a harmless girl now. I guess I'll leave her be for the time being.

With the final thought gone from her head, Twilight touched the portal that lead back to Equestria. She turned to look at the school once more.

"See you girl's again soon." Twilight said to herself before going through the portal.