Chapter 1- This is Me

Thoughts in italics

Thoughts in italics. Sorry it's a bit slow at the beginning, but it'll pick up soon enough.

Rose POV

"Rose! Wake up! You forgot to set your alarm again!" I bolted straight up. Normally, because I don't sleep very much, it takes me about five minutes to really wake up, but this time, my body recognized the word 'late' before my mind did. Oh shit. I threw the blankets off and scrambled out of bed. I was in panic mode until I looked at my clock. Oh thank God, I breathed a sigh of relief. It's still five minutes until my usual wakeup time. I pulled the bottom of my shorts and shirt down and put my bra on. Somehow, my clothes always end up bunched up way higher than they are supposed to be. I made my way downstairs and stumbled towards the kitchen.

"I'm gonna kill you next time you do that," I mumbled and glared at my roommate. She started laughing with food still in her mouth. "That's so gross!"

She laughed harder, but at least she closed her mouth this time. "Sorry, but it was funny." I glared again as I made my way towards the toast she started for me. "And I hadn't given you a scare like that in so long. I thought it was only fair after how much you freaked me out the other night." Then it was my turn to laugh. A couple nights ago, Saturday night, Nina had come home late from drinking with some friends. I had forgotten that she told me she wasn't going to crash at her friend's apartment like she usually does, so I had left all the lights off. She had stumbled in the dark trying to make her way to the light switch where the living room and kitchen met. As she flicked the lights on, I was zombie-walking my way back from the fridge to my room, water bottle in hand. She screamed so loudly and threw her purse at me. I, being being sleep-deprived, just muttered a "hey" and stumbled back to my study. It's not like I did it on purpose. I may have forgotten to fill my water bottle, but I didn't try to scare her. It was funny looking back on it though.

"Fine. Even though I didn't do it on purpose, I'll call it even now. No more right?" She just cocked her eyebrow at me without saying anything. "Seriously. No more. We're even. Actually, technically, I owe you a scare since I didn't do it on purpose. Plus, you know how much trouble I have sleeping. Five minutes is a lot when you only sleep for two hours. But I'm willing to call it even, ok?" She still doesn't answer. "OK?!"

"Fine, I guess," she huffed. This gizibe. Pretending to pout. Whatever. "So, are you excited?"

I stop putting jam on the toast and turned to her. "Actually...I'm super nervous."

"Why are you so nervous? It's not like they're your first celeb group."

"I know, but..."

"But your, what do you call it...ultimate bias is in that group."

"Ugh........" I groaned and dropped my head to my chest. I don't even know why it matters. It's not like he'd even notice me. And I will never tell him. But even if I did tell him he's my bias, it doesn't matter anyway because him being my bias doesn't necessarily mean that I like him. Or at least that's what he needed to think. It shouldn't be possible to truly like someone that you've never met, never even seen in person, and never even conversed with. And yet... Ugh, I'm just being a fangirl. It's not possible for me to like like him. "But it's not just that. It's fine that he's my bias, there are other groups that I have biases in, even if he is my ultimate bias. The thing is, he's just so good at what he does. I wish I was talented like him. I'm envious. He's so confident in himself even when other people say stuff. He always works so hard and knows exactly where he wants to go in life. So he's not just my bias but also my role model, even if he is younger than me."