C34- The Opera

Rose POV

I was so excited to go to the opera with Namjoon today. I loved operas and he's the only one I could think of who might appreciate the musicality of it, even if he doesn't care much for the music itself. Also, it was really sweet of him to take me since I'm sure he's not a fan. I decided that, later on, I should take him to an American hip hop or rap concert. I thought he might enjoy that. I finished putting on my dress. One thing I loved about operas is that it's an excuse to dress up fancy. Normally, I wasn't much of a girly-girl, but I liked doing it every once in a while.

Nina helped me to pick out the beautiful dress. When she first told me she was taking me shopping, I was a bit nervous. I'd always been a bit conservative with my dressing, so I was worried that she'd try to get me to wear something skimpy. And at first, she did. Tempered with more conservative choices, of course. We were getting nowhere for a few hours. Then, I saw the dress in a store window. I instantly fell in love with the colors, cobalt blue was my favorite color. The fact that it covered more than most of the other dresses only made it that much more appealing. Seeing as it was the first dress I showed real interest in, Nina took it upon herself to drag me into the store. I changed my clothes and came out and her jaw practically hit the floor. She told me something along the lines of "I don't think I've ever seen you look more like an actual woman" to which I immediately threw my bracelet at her. I was pleasantly surprised to find the dress decently priced.

And here I was, fighting with Nina to let me do my own makeup. She wanted to doll me up, but I didn't like the idea of looking like someone other than myself. The dress already did that. Fortunately, I won. I did put on eye liner and eyeshadow, which was more than usual, but the only other thing I would add later would be lip gloss. I watched 30 minutes count down before Namjoon came. With just a few minutes left, I brought my shoes and purse with me and waited in my study. A minute later, I heard the doorbell ring.

"Coming!" I heard Nina yell. I grabbed my phone off the charger and threw it in my purse. I headed downstairs.

"Hey Joonie!" I called as I reached the head of the stairs. Namjoon was waiting in the entryway.

"Hey—" I looked up when he cut off. He was staring at me, mouth open.

"What? Didn't know I could clean up so well?" I teased.

"Wow," was all he said.

"You're not so bad yourself," I commented. Namjoon was already a handsome male. Add a suit to that and he was downright hot. From a completely objective 'just friends' standpoint, of course. I wonder how Yoongi—nope, not entertaining that thought. Today was a day for me to forget about my problems and just have fun. By the time I reached the bottom of the stairs, he had collected himself and was smirking at me.

"What're you looking at me like that for," I asked suspiciously.

"Because... I'm the only guy who gets to see you so dressed up. The other guys would be jealous."